Roon and Microrendu [Resolved]

I have a Microrendu installed in my system and I use Roon with it. However, I also have JRiver installed on another PC and I haven’t been able to get it working with the MR. The MR is designed to work with both applications and I know from reading various forum reports from other users that it does work. One of the JRiver techs suggested that something else on my system might be taking exclusive control of the MR, so I thought of my Roon installation.

When Roon is operating does it take exclusive control of the renderer?

I don’t think the microrendu can be active in more than one mode at once. It doesn’t ‘auto detect’.

If you’re running Roon OK, you would need to take it out of RoonReady mode and use whatever jriver needs. That’s my guess anyway as I don’t use jriver.

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing but it still won’t work with JRiver.

Mmmm, sounds like that would be a question more for Sonore or JRiver then - once it’s out of RoonReady mode I can’t see any way Roon could still be hanging onto the device - it wouldn’t even be visible to Roon.

@Jesus_Rodriguez or @agillis might be able to help.

OK thanks for confirming that. I’m already in communication with JRiver and we’re trying a few things. No luck so far. I can’t figure out how to contact the Sonore people. I’m not on Twitter and there’s no support links on their web site.

Paging @Jesus_Rodriguez

Thanks very much Geoff. Jesus just contacted me so hopefully we can start to get to the bottom of this.

You’re welcome :wink:

The microRendu has many different network music players that will run on it but you can only run one at a time.

For jRiver you would need to install and configure the DLNA player. Once it’s installed and configured you can use the app switcher to switch back and forth from Roon to DLNA mode.

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing. If I activate Roon Ready and play music through Roon everything is fine but if I activated MPD / DLNA and attempt to play music through JRiver/JRemote I can’t play anything.

Go to the settings for MPD/DLNA and make sure everything is the way you want them and press save. This will rebuild the DLNA config and restart the DLNA player. Also before you do this press the update button to make sure you have the latest of everything.

At this point the microRendu should “show up” in the available players on jRiver does it?

There is also some more documentation here on the DLNA mode and jRiver

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-digital-living-network-alliance-mpd-output-mode-27265/

I’ll certainly do this but I’m not sure if it’s going to help. I can already see the MR as a player in JRiver. I can access that zone from JRemote and I can see my music in JRemote. I just can’t play the music.

Perhaps rebuilding the DLNA config might. I’m more than willing to try anything at this point. Thanks for the assistance.

What happens when you press play?

Nothing really. The JRemote screen on my iPad maybe flashes a bit as if it’s trying to execute something but the progress indicator stays at zero and nothing is going through my DAC.

Andrew, I was trying it again tonight and I did notice one thing in JRemote. When I try to play something the volume indicator increases to 100% Nothing plays though.

This was just an issue with JRiver not seeing the library on the network.

FYI It’s not possible for one output mode to interfere with another. The Sonicorbiter operating system is robust enough to resolve this kinds of issues when you switch from one output mode to another.

I’ve re-scanned the library and everything works perfectly now. Thanks Jesus and everyone at Roon for helping me resolve this.