Roon and Qobuz not working

No. Still does not work.
Sorry, just seen this is not for me. But just in case…
Right. So I have reinstalled the core and database on my NAS and now I too get the same error messages as @Juan_Ayllon

Do you have any VPN software running, even if it is just the service in the background? I’ve seen some unusual errors occur with that.

Don’t think so. I did speak to my internet service provider and did ask. But they said no.
It was working fine until yesterday. And Qobuz via the naim app or the Qobuz app works fine.

Hi @Robert_Ackroyd,

It’s best to troubleshoot one person per thread since symptoms and setup might be similar but not quite identical.

Can you please use these instructions to access your QNAP logs by clicking on the “ambulance” button and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com ?

I suspect there is a commonality among those affected.

My standard Core does not have an issue with Qobuz, atm. Hmm, I do have a spare NAS in the closet with a Roon Core installed. I’ll spin that up tonight and see if I have issues with Qobuz with the NAS as a core.

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz track playback issues

Dear Roon

You have not come back to me on this. I’m on a 14 day trial with 8 days to go. …
Like I said, this did all work fine 2 days ago, and now it does not. I did like what I saw and was using but if I cant access Qobuz, it is not much good to me.

Hi @Robert_Ackroyd,

Yesterday I was asking for your Roon logs, did you see my message? Can you please reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date it occurs and send me a set via Dropbox / Google Drive?

I’ll follow up via private message regarding this.

Hi
Have created the.zip file of logs. How do I send it to you please. I do have a google drive account.

Hi @Robert_Ackroyd,

I created a folder for you on our diagnostics servers and I have private messaged you the info.
Please let me know when the upload is done.

At work at the mo. Will upload and advise this evening

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Ackroyd,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I am looking through them and I’m noticing quite a few network errors in them, it looks like you’re having issues communicating with our metadata servers as well.

Do you by any chance have another PC around the house which you can temporarily use to host the Roon Core? I would be curious to know if it has the same issues accessing Qobuz content when connected in the same way as your Synology.

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Hi
I’ll give this a go tomorrow evening.

1 Like

Hi
Put a core on my PC and all looks good. I have uploaded the most recent log for you to just check.
So, what’s the answer?

As I mentioned it was working great until last wednesday or thursday mid day. Suspecting teh core on my synology 218+ I did a new install, hoping that was it but…

Any ideas appreciated

Thansk

Robert

An update. I have now removed my SSD drive from the NAS, formatted it, error checked it etc and reinstalled the core onto it. Same problem. Plays local content, Qubuz loads, shows me content, but will not play.

Hi @Robert_Ackroyd,

Thanks for confirming the other PC is working as expected. Since this issue is tied to just the QNAP, I would investigate further in this direction:

1. Have you made any changes to the QNAP software/firmware since it was working vs now?
  2. Are you using the latest QNAP build? There was an issue that was addressed a couple of days ago with QNAP, please see here:
  1. What is your network setup like? Is the QNAP connected directly to the router or though a switch/range extender/powerline adapter? I would try connecting directly to the router and bypass any additional networking gear if you have any as a test.

It’s on a Synology 218+
It is on the latest software that was manually updated about 4 weeks ago, prior to installing Roon.
The NAS is coming connected to the router via one switch. But it is the same switch that the PC ( that works) is connected to the router via.
The NAS runs other apps that don’t appear to have been affected. All very odd

Hi @Robert_Ackroyd,

The Roon app package version was updated a couple of days ago, please look over the linked thread in my previous message and try updating your package manually. The new package may help with these issues.

I’m confused.

The install app from the Chris Rieke page has not changed since March? see below

I have yesterday downloaded the latest installer and installed my core via that to the ssd on my NAS. the core will be the latest version.

Thanks

Currently Testing: 2020-06-24
  • Added option for offline install (instructions will follow)
  • Rewritten database directory handling, to prevent errors due to unplugged (usb)-drives while RoonServer was running
  • Added error messages to be hopefully helpful this time
  • Rewritten text in the installation wizard to be more clear
  • The Synology RoonServer log file is now stored in the root directory of the database directory
  • More logging info, that might be helpful for debugging issues
Current Version: 2018-03-07
  • Increased inodes to a million at launch.

Another update.
All is working well this morning. But no idea why!
The core was reinstalled/built yesterday, the NAS rebooted etc, no it did not want to play yesterday.
This morning when I fired up the remote app, (and theapp via W10) it is currently driving Qobuz from Roon as it should.
Odd

Robert

1 Like