Roon Android App failing to find core after upgrade to Android 11

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel-NUC. Ubuntu 20.04. v1.7 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Intel NUC hardwired to the network.
Orbi Mesh. No VLANs - everything all on the same network.

Description Of Issue

Android Roon Application can no longer find Roon Core following upgrade to Android 11 on a Samsung S10 device. Note, this was as offered by the manufacturer - not an early release/beta.
Windows client still working - music still playing, just cannot connect from Android client.
Never had an issue before so I’m sure it’s the upgrade.

Strangely once this happens an Android client on another Android phone using 10 is no longer able to connect. If I restart Roon, the Android 10 client works ok until I try to connect from the Android 11 phone and it stops the Android 10 working as well.

Unfortunately, my Samsung S10e has updated to Android 11 the day before yesterday, resulting in the same problem.

The workaround filling in 255.255.255.255 ip-adress for the Core, using the Help notification on the Core Selection screen, however helped out at least this morning.

Hopefully, it keeps working tomorrow as well.

Dirk.

Same here though I can’t click on the Help
On a Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra

Thanks a lot @anon90297517 - that worked for me.

Took me a bit to get to the right help page. Hopefully this will stay in without having to keep putting back in.

What have samusng done in Android 11 to cause this it’s affecting every user with Samsung device on 11. I have a Google Pixel on 11 for months no issues.

Had to keep pressing Help with my sausage fingers, eventually got to the page and set the IP and it works now. Much appreciated!

It’s strange. I’ve had no issues with Android 11 on any of my devices. 99% of my networked devices are on IP reservations from the DHCP server, though. Lots of stuff needs to be logged into/setup via IP address, so I’ve just gotten into the habit of fixing everything so I know exactly how to find it. Maybe that makes a difference?

1 Like

I’ve had Android 11 Pixel 4a and Pixel 5)phones on two different Roon networks with no issues except a slow start from Android sleep. Android devices get their IP addresses via DHCP. The two networks:

1 Like

Same here (Samsung S10e), minus the problems connecting with other devices after a connection attempt reported in the first post.
This is the first time I’m happy Samsung are so slow upgrading their tablets!

Let’s hope they manage to find a workaround (if this is caused by Samsung) / fix (if it’s a Roon issue) in time for 1.8 next week…

…the heck - I just tried again, and it’s working now. It definitely didn’t yesterday evening…

Update: I did get an Android WebView update this morning, perhaps that has something to do with it?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.