Roon API: subscribe_zones callback is broken!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Roon version 1.8 (build 790) stable (64Bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired 1GBIT

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Not relevant

Description Of Issue

To discover the zones and also the changes of the zones I use:

let transport = core.services.RoonApiTransport;
transport.subscribe_zones(function (cmd, data) {
my code goes here
}

Since the latest server update I did no more get any callback if a zone was added or removed. I get the callback only once, wenn I start the extension. There I get the “Subscribed” cmd but never anything else.

You can test with the code at the end of this page: RoonLabs/node-roon-api: Javascript Roon API (github.com)

This is really an urgent request because it affects my extensions rooDial rooUPnP making my customers really unhappy.

Still works with my own extensions, still getting the “Changed” response. No problems with Build 790!

Hi @DrCWO

Our team looked into this and we aren’t able to reproduce this issue on our end. I also confirmed with the team that there weren’t any changes in this area in the last update. Can you give some additional info about what you’re seeing?

Dylan,
thank you so much for checking.

I am back from weekend and still face the same issue. But at luck I got no no similar reports from my customers! It seems this issue is on my roon server only?!

Do you have any idea what the reason for that stange bahaviour may be. A Microsoft update of my server closing some firewall ports?

My question is: Would you please explain to me how the communication takes place on the network so I receive the callbacks?

Best
Charly