ROON APP Begins to Open then Closes Immediately

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6/ Do not know build number

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Up until yesterday ROON has worked flawlessly for me. My Core is running on a Mid 2011 iMac with High Sierra v. 10.13.6. I closed out of the Roon application and when I tried to reopen it, it begins to open, gives me the screen with the quote, then shuts down. Ive seen others have this problem but none have a good explanation or solution. All of them say it just randomly started working again. Please provide any assistance you might have.

Hi @Dan_Bussey,

Welcome to the forum! Can I please ask that you use these instructions to send me a set of your Roon logs? If you don’t have any file transfer services to perform the upload, just let me know and I can provide one, thanks!

Here is the link to the logs requested. Please let me know if you have any issues.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J6O-9rNBHzgn6Am5QNItXAJMsrC0qdZ6/view?usp=sharing

I have not heard anything back from you in a few days. Any updates on resolving this issue. My ROON application still will not open.

Hi @Dan_Bussey,

Thanks for your patience here while I had a chance to review logs.

I’m seeing an error in the logs which I need to request clarification from QA on, in the meantime, I suggest we try installing Roon fresh to see if this helps with the issue and allows it to start properly:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore from backup

Thanks so much Noris! This seems to have worked. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hi @Dan_Bussey,

Happy to hear that my suggestion of reinstalling the Roon app has resolved this issue!
If you run into any further difficulties with Roon, just let us know and we can take a look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.