Roon app crashes and when it doesnt it cannot find nucleus

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus ipad pro, Windows 256gb, Ryzen 9

I just hooked up the nucleus with a new sdd drive for thr first time. Made my Roon account. I am unable to access the nucleus. Also the app crashes multiple times despite me restarting. This issue is on the ipad, ipnone and windows pc

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Nucleus is hooked up directly to my switch

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Go to the admin web page of your Nucleus and check if it is up to date. Open your internet browser and try http://nucleus or if this does not work try http://nucleus.local. If this does not work either, use the IP address of the Nucleus instead of “nucleus” (which you should find in the admin web page of your router where the network devices are listed)

The Roon Server Software version should be Version 2.0 build 1234 production (as of today’s update, which you probably don’t have, or at least the previous 1223 or 1232). If it is lower, you are probably a victim of this recent quite frequent issue:

Current releases of control devices / remotes crash together with certain older Roon Server versions on the Core. Maybe your Nucleus did not update for a while but your remotes probably have. (This has happened recently for some Nucleuses, either new ones that have not yet updated after delivery or for other reasons maybe without user fault). If all your remotes crash then you can’t initiate the update from the remote but you can trigger the update by going to the admin web page and clicking the Reinstall button for the Operating System:

(From the Updating Nucleus help page)

This will also trigger the update of the Roon Server Software version. This is riskless and has helped in countless recent cases

I already alerted Roon to this and they are investigating a solution

1 Like

Hey @Amer_Khan,

Welcome to the community! I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into issues? @Suedkiez has provided excellent next steps in troubleshooting if you haven’t reviewed them yet.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.