1 Gbit/s Ethernet switch between Core and Bridge
5Ghz Wifi between Roon.app Mac and Core

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Roon Bridge on Rasbian

Number of Tracks in Library

Only Tidal Streaming

Description of Issue

Hi Roon Labs Community Support,

My Roon.app on my main MacBook Pro M1 (16-inch 2021, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD) consistently crashes when launched - this has been the case since upgrading to macOS Monterey 12.5. Nothing else has changed in the setup apart from the macOS upgrade.

I have a stack trace from macOS Problem Reporter if interesting.

Looking forward to feedback.

/regards
Michael Hove
Copenhagen Denmark

Hey @Michael_Hove,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here. I do apologize for it being an issue that prompted your first post, though.

A few things to check - with the upgrade to Monterey, we’ve seen issues pertaining to the cloud ‘Private Relay’ setting being turned on. I would check to make sure you have this setting turned off.

If you’re still seeing issues with crashing after this, I would try loading roon with a fresh database. Here are steps to follow:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.