Roon App Crashes When Going Back to Home on Mac... Why?

Quoting Robert as he has experienced this similar behavior with Roon app crashing when going back to “Home”.

Why is this happening? All the other sections work fine, why not “Home”?

There’s a workaround suggested by @noris and to be honest I don’t want to go through the hassle of renaming the Roon folder in Library… I just need to know why this is happening.

This is the first time I am experiencing this and I am beginning to think there may be an issue with the software for Mac.

Anyway, I don’t use the Home page but it should work, it works on iOS and iPadOS.

Could be please fix this for others?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Pitot ,

This issue can occur when Roon tries to load an object that doesn’t exist any longer (album / playlist / etc) on the Home screen. Can you let us know the exact local time + date you have the issue and then use these instructions to upload a log set here? Thanks!

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks, looks like the issue is no longer happening, I can access Home now… what do you make of this?

Hi @Benjamin_Pitot ,

Glad to hear that the system is now working! It’s hard to say what exactly caused the issue, but if you see the issue return, please do let us know and send a set of logs for review, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.