Roon app crashing (again) - iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.2.3 & 13.3

iPhone 11 Pro Max and have the latest iOS.

Description Of Issue
Anyone else having the iPhone app crashing again?

I deleted the app, downloaded it again, still crashing.

A post was split to a new topic: iOS 13.2.3 crash

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Are all other remotes okay?

How often does it crash?

Any change after a reboot?

@dylan it crashes in 15 to 20 sec after the app is opened. I rebooted the server, still happens. It only happens with my iPhone. iPad and MacBook seem to be fine.

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Do you have any VPNs on your iPhone? You mentioned you are using the latest iOS version, just to confirm this is 13.2.2?

@noris I dont use VPN. My ios version is 13.2.3

Thanks
Meyy

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Thank you for confirming the no VPN aspect and that you are on the latest iOS version.

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your iPhone and what this action should do is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers for analysis.

I say should because I hope that the app has enough time to gather this diagnostics data before the issue happens.

Can I please request that you open the Roon app a few times until it crashes and let me know once you have done so? Afterwards I can check to see if the logs have been delivered and if they contain any clues.

Thanks!

The app crashed a couple of times now (within the last 5 min), I guess you should have the diagnostics data now.

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Thanks for opening the app, I can confirm diagnostics have been received.
I am looking through them and I am not noticing any crashes reported in the logs, but right before the end of the log file I am noticing some multicast errors.

How is your network setup, can you let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear and what this iPhone is connecting to? Do you have “multicast routing” enabled in your router settings?

I have verizon fios connection. Its a verizon supplied modem/router. Its 50 Mbps data transfer. Please note it is not fiber optics. I am connected to the 2.4 Ghz.

The issue is only happenning recently

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Can you try rebooting your iPhone and router to see if it helps?

I am not sure why this happens very often. The app stays open for about 1.5 min, then shuts off automatically. Could you please help?

It’s understandable if the app crashes once a year or may be every time Apple releases a major OS upgrade, but the app crashes once every 5-6 days.

Hi, @Roon_Superuser, sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you, please give more info about you iOS device ? Which OS version it’s running? What is the device model? Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Thanks !

—
Ivan

@ivan, I’ve merged into the OP’s existing topic … see first post for iPhone details.

@Roon_Superuser, time and versions move on … could you confirm the version of the “the latest OS”?

1 Like

1 Like

As you can see, the issue happened 25 days ago. It lasted for a week. Then disappeared. Now reappearing again

2 posts were split to a new topic: iPhone XS crashing

A post was split to a new topic: iPhone 11 Pro crashing

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

@dylan I recorded a video for you. The time is on the iPhone . Is it possible to upload videos here ?

Add images