Roon app crashing (again) - iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.2.3 & 13.3

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Thanks for uploading the video, but I don’t see a link to the upload. Can you please post the link here or private message me the link? (Click my name -> message).

See if this works

For some reason the video is stuck in processing. Is there an email address where I can send it to

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

I will send you a private message link with alternate upload instructions, thanks!

Sent to the link

A post was split to a new topic: Roon app crashes - iPhone 11, iOS 13.3.1

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Thanks for sending the video over. I’ve also re-enabled diagnostics mode for your iPhone to look into the issue further. It looks like unfortunately, Roon logs don’t indicate why the issue is occurring. It appears to be an unmanaged crash (where the iOS system closes the app and no info is logged).

We are still investigating this issue internally on our end, but if you experience this issue again please just note the timestamp and I can check newer diagnostics for any additional clues, maybe we will get lucky and get some more information.

Thanks for the reply

A post was split to a new topic: Roon crashing oniPhone XS, iOS 13.3.1

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Crashing on iPhone 7 plus running iOS 13.3.1

Hi, any updates on the iphone app crash issue? This has been happening for a long time now and still no resolution. I think i made a mistake by buying life time roon membership. Will I be able to get my money back if I cancel it? I am tired of having to restart the app every 20 sec when it crashes. Its practically unusable.

I remember @danny saying he’d do everything to make this app, the best! All I am asking is, for the app to function without crashing, Is it too much to ask?

Just fyi, none of my other apps crash. So I don’t think its an OS issue. Its probably a programming issue.

This is constantly happening to me too. Started a couple of weeks ago. iPhone 8+, latest iOS. It’s not happening on any of my other devices.

@Eran_Levy this is an ongoing issue and has been going on for several months now. New users who are considering buying Roon subscriptions should be made aware of this issue to help make an informed decision.

Still no proper resolution. @danny said he will work hard to make Roon the best possible platform when people were questioning the life time membership price increase. But here you are, will no resolution for this iphone crash. My app is practically unusable. I’ve sent several videos to the support team, they’ve enabled several troubleshooting logs, still no luck. I am tired of posting here.
@support

If Roon refunds my money back, I’ll happily jump to a different platform, something that works without crashing.

Thanks! I’d love to switch to a different platform but unfortunately I’m not aware of any serious competitor in terms of features and compatibility. I hope this can be addressed seriously soon, it’s clearly a real issue that’s happening to multiple users.

Hi @Roon_Superuser & @Eran_Levy,

I wanted to reach out to you because I had a meeting today with the senior technical team to discuss this issue and there is progress is in motion towards resolving debugging this further. At this time, we believe that this issue is due to the iOS system running out of RAM and the iOS itself is forcibly killing the Roon app, but why it is running out of RAM is not clear just yet.

We are currently in the state of gathering iOS Console logs for when this issue occurs, if you are conformable with collecting these kinds of logs, can you please use the instructions from the following thread to reproduce + send the Console logs from your affected device?

Thank you!

This is also constantly happening for me on my iPhone 11.

Very frustrating as I paid for a lifetime subscription so expect a quality product not having to work around constant app crashes.

1 Like

Hi @Nathan_Scrivener,

Are you able to provide iOS console logs using my above suggestion?

We are looking into this further and we believe that the tracks queue and images might be related to the issue at hand, we have heard from others that clearing the image cache in Roon Settings -> Setup -> Clear Cache and clearing the play queue for the iOS device in Roon helps with this behavior.

Can you please confirm if it helps for you as well?

This is getting worse, the app is now literally crashing every minute or so. Clearing cache and queue didn’t help.

@support
iPhone Xs. iOS 13.5.1. The app crashes when you scroll the albums list.
Setting the memory size to minimal and resetting image cache allowed it to scroll further, but then it still crashed.

Well now it’s happening to me. Open the app and it flashes and crashes. Can do nothing in app. iOS 13 5 1. iPhone 11 Pro Max. Rebooted phone did not work. I’ve never had a problem before today. Any news on this? Thanks