Roon app crashing (again) - iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.2.3 & 13.3

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Can you share it here using a shared Dropbox link or any other file sharing service?

@dylan see if you can access this video:

@Carl and @dylan Iphone 11 Pro Max , Software version 13.3
I am using Verizon internet connected through Curious USB cable to my SOtM Ultra Neo which has a CI audio linear power supply. My server is an Intel NUC and I have given those details earlier and they have not changed. the issue happens only with iphone. Mac app and Ipad seems to be stable.

When will this be fixed? I am opening the app again for you on my iphone @ 1332 EST… Not touchin the app at all, its just open and it automatically crashed and closed in about 30 sec.

Please fix this issue please, its very frustrating as I dont have my ipad all the time on me.

Thanks for the update, @Roon_Superuser. I’ll update your ticket and pass this along to the team for further investigation.

@dylan thanks but how long should I wait to have it fixed? were u able to get the logs so far? The app crashes a million times since yesterday. It’s very frustrating.

A post was split to a new topic: iPhone XS crashes every couple of seconds

My iphone app crashes every 30 sec. Been happenning for the past 1 month. Then it was fine for 7 days and now happening again. Looks like i am not the only one experiencing this issue. Gave a lot of data to the support team, but the issue is still not fixed. It’s really getting frustrating to see the app crash every 30 sec and having to re-open again. I understand if there are issues after a major ios release, but crashes should not be happening for every minor build.

May be @danny should use some of the money from the “life-timers” to hire more developers to fix issues.

I don’t know if its the timing but ever since I signed up for the life time membership

Any updates for me? Mine is still crashing

Hello @Roon_Superuser,

If you reboot your iPhone, does this resolve the crashing issue with the Roon application?

-John

I will try that when I get home

Hi @Roon_Superuser if support doesn’t mind I will jump in with instructions on how to do a force restart on your phone. I suggest you close all app before doing a full reboot (just to be thorough).

It has helped me when I have had similar issues.

1 Like

Trying this now.

The full force reboot seemed to work. It’s not crashing (for now). Thanks @oneofmany and @john

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am really tired of this iphone roon app crashing issue that I’ve had for so long. The issue occurs every 3-4 days. When I reinstall the app and reboot the phone, it seems to work fine for 3-4 days. Then happens again. I am narrowing this down to Roon app because it does not happen with any of my other apps. Just the roon app and it is quite consistent. I have the latest version of the OS and the app.

I am tired of this issue. Are there any permanent solutions for this?

1 Like

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Thank you for the additional report. We are still investigating this behavior, for a status update, please see @dylan’s post here:

Thanks for the update. But hopefully we see a permanent solution soon

Happening again how do I add a video?

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Can you please upload the video to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link? Thanks!