Roon app freezes on Mac os

Over the last months I have been having trouble with the Roon app freezing and giving me the rotating rainbow on my Mac. It usually happens if I have closed or quit focus on the window (but not quit the app) and try to reopen it. Music still plays, but I often have to force quit and reopen for it to respond. I don’t have issues with iOS or iPadOS Roon apps running off the same Core. Updating and/or reinstalling the programme hasn’t worked to date.

Lastest versión of everything, mac os, app, core, etc.

@Pablo_Gutierrez, please complete the support template below in more detail, so support may assist you. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

I have the exact same problem since the beginning. Very annoying and independent from the OS or computer version because I switched to a Mac Studio from an iMac Intel and the problem is still on. A solution would be gladly appreciated.

Hi @David_Stein1,

If you would, please create your own post in the support topic and complete the template. This will allow us to better assist you and keep the issues separate.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi @Pablo_Gutierrez,

How are things going for you? Can you please let us know if the issues persist and complete the support template in our thread if so?

Thanks,
Wes

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
Zenith Mk.3

innuOS 2.2.4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Ethernet Linksys router no VPN. It’s not a network problem. Confirmed.

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Non. From innuos USB to DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>
10.000 tracks

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Roon core is not on a mac. I don’t understand you :man_shrugging:

Apologies. It looks like I had my tabs mixed up.

Ok, we had wanted you to reload the SW on your Mac since it was freezing. Just omit the word core from my previous post (now deleted) to make it relevant.

Regarding your Mac. Is it 13.01? Is it M1 or Intel?

Try reloading the SW following these steps.

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Note, the Roon folder is in Library:

In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu. Library will appear below the current user’s home directory

Yeah it’s 13.0.1 Intel mac.

It’s not a problem of the core as it works ok with ios app.

It’s a problem of the Mac OS client.

Already delete and reinstall Mac client and didn’t fix it.

Ok,

Good news and bad news. The good news is that we’re getting closer and closer to pinning this down. First, try disabling DSP and see if that fixes it. We’re currently tracking instances just like yours and so far, DSP and Intel are the commonalities. Let me know on DSP but for right now, we’re investigating and have an open ticket.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.