Roon app hangs after every start MacMini running macOS 12.5

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i5 running current version of ROCK

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero 3 node system, some endpoints wifi, some ethernet, impacted MacMini is on wifi

Connected Audio Devices

most endpoints are NAD or Bluesound units

Number of Tracks in Library

90K tracks

Description of Issue

Roon app hangs immediately after every start MacMini running macOS 12.5. must force quit each time. Core on another machine appears to be functioning normally and can be controlled as usual from iOS devices. The only impacted device is the MacMini. First noticed problem 4-5 days ago I think.

Hi @Edward_Brewer ,

Can you please access your Roon logs using these instructions and upload a set here for review?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Also, since your Core is a ROCK and not the Mac Mini, can you please confirm if there is any change in behavior if you try to reinstall the Mac Mini User Interface aspect (while leaving the Core the same)?

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Connect to existing ROCK database

Did a simple reinstall of the control app and problem seems to be resolved. If it happens again I will be happy to send along the logs and such.

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.