Roon app. has become completely unavailable

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM, Mac OS Monterey 12.6. Haven’t updated to Ventura, so that’s not the problem. Music files are on a Samsung 2TB SSD mounted in a Satechi USB-C hub underneath the Mac Mini, connected via USB-C cable.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Pro mobile modem/router, wi-fi connection to Mac Mini.

Connected Audio Devices

Pair of Sonos Play:5s connected by wi-fi via iOS app (which isn’t working either)
Pair of Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 wired to Mac Mini

Number of Tracks in Library

No idea, but they occupy about 1.5TB.

Description of Issue

The app can’t find or connect to the core - it keeps telling me to check my network connection. Which there’s nothing wrong with - everything else is working fine, including streaming in hi-res on Qobuz, Apple TV streaming etc. I’ve tried logging off and logging on again, but it just times out. Nothing happens if I click on Find My Roon Core - it’s been looking for it the whole time I’ve been writing this post. The iOS app is up-to-date as of today but won’t connect either. Can’t find out if roon app. needs updating because the About and Preferences functions aren’t working either.

Everything has worked absolutely fine (including Remote to Sonos) until suddenly yesterday everything stopped. Sounds like something fairly fundamental has gone wrong and I’d appreciate your help. My annual subscription is due for renewal soon; I’ve been a happy customer for nearly two years, and obviously it would be a waste of money if it can’t be fixed. I’m not interested in buying a Nucleus by the way - I divide my time between Australia and the UK - I’m currently in Australia - and wouldn’t want to lug it backwards and forwards.strong text

Hey @Mike_Petty,

It’s great to see you on community again! Sorry to hear you’ve hit a wall trying to get Roon up and running.

I would start here, and temporarily test out hardwiring your core directly to your router. I would next check the firewall settings on the Mac Mini to make sure I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Thanks for your reply. So I connected the modem to the Mac Mini via ethernet, and the first thing that popped up was an error message saying that Roon is damaged and should be moved to the bin. (I should add that I’ve upgraded to Mac OS Ventura 13.2 since I first posted.) So I did what I was told and downloaded a new copy. Everything’s working fine now - it’s not practical to be permanently hardwired to the modem because during the working day my wife’s laptop is hardwired to it, but fortunately the wifi is good. Thanks for your help…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.