“Roon.app” is damaged and can’t be opened [Answered]

I have got this message when I try to open Roon,

““Roon.app” is damaged and can’t be opened.”

Work around suggested in Apple support not working for me. (Open by Control click)
Thanks

Macbook Pro 2012, Mac High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88)

Try deleting it, emptying trash, rebooting Mac and redownloading and reinstalling the app from Roon website.

It’s a confusing message from apples security system called gatekeeper. The app most probably isn’t damaged but the reason you get this error meesage is because of a security certificate that has either expired or does not confirm the DRM of the appstore (yet). So it has got more to do with macs gatekeeper and the rigid coupling with the app store then with the roon app itself. Apple makes it harder to install apps outside of the appstore with each osx upgrade it seems. Roon is not in the appstore, probably because apple only allows apps in the appstore to function in a sandbox wich might limit a lot of Roon networking functionality.

There is a workaround in this case by temperarily disabling gatekeeper via the terminal window. Perfectly safe for trusted apps like Roon.
I could try to explain it but someone has done that allready in a better way the I can, see https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/gatekeeper-macos-sierra/

Thanks I’ll give that a read.

Thats done the trick thank you very much for your help.