Roon app keeps crashing on my OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5

@support Also crashing right on app startup. OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5, both of them.
Re-Installing app, rebooting streamer no use.

Hi @David_Holler,

Thank you for the report, we’re aware of others also reporting this issue and we’re investigating. To help us better understand this issue:

1. What is the Android version you’re running for each device?
  2. What is the model/manufacturer of your Core?

@support Sure, here you are.

Hi @David_Holler,

Thanks for the additional information, I have added it to the investigation ticket. Please see the following thread for any status updates on this issue:

We appreciate your patience during this ongoing investigation!

Issue confirmed also for Oneplus One running Android Q/10

Hi @noris, @support, thanks for your answer. Any news?
As you will surely understand, my patience is limited, since this bug – we’re talking of crash at startuip – renders Roon close to unusable, which is (just having renewed my subscription) very unsatisfying.

David

Hi @David_Holler,

A fix for this behavior will require a Roon update, and while I can’t share any specific timelines, I can say that the dev team is aware of the reports and are working on the new build as we speak.

Once the new build is released, we will make an announcement in the Release Notes Section of this site and update the thread I linked above.

I appreciate your patience here!

@noris @support in case this is helpful following observation:

1. Starting Roon on OnePlus 5 > crashes
  2. Starting Roon on Macbook Pro, see the current track (nothing is playing, Linn Klimax DSM just powered up).
  3. On Roon on Mackbook Pro, select another track to play
  4. Start Roon on OnePlus 5 > working

So it seems it can be narrowed down to the track currently queued.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

Build 528 has solved this issue on my OnePlus One Android Q

Thanks!

Still got a crash tonight with the new update on my OnePlus 5 :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.