Roon App losing connection to Core / music stops

My Innuos Statement work as a Core for my setup

I have a Humax 4000 Router (1000Mbit/100Mbit)

Wifi:
Cable from router to Ubiquiti switch
Cable from Ubiquiti to Access Points (Pro)

Cable:
Cable from router to Aqvox switch
Cable to Innuos Statement
Cable to Devialet Expert 250 Core
USB cable between Innuos and Devialet

Description Of Issue

A week ago the setup worked flawless without any issues.

Then I observed lost connections and music stops in the middle of a number.
The issues is related to the App.

The Roon App is V1.6 and the Innuos Statement and Devialet are both with the latest software.

When using the App the connection is lost 2-3 times every minutes - the missing connection is only for one or two seconds without the music stops.

The issue appear both on USB and Air (Ethernet).

Sometimes the music stops and then I have to Press play or sometimes re-start the Roon App.

Yesterday I had a remote session with Nuno from Innuos to see if the issues was related to the Innuos Statement but he could not see anything in the logs.

What to do?

Hi @Henrik_Haas,

What kind of remote device are you using? Do these disconnects occur with all remote devices?

Hi @dylan

I am using the remote App on my Iphone 8+, Ipad and Imac.

Yes it occur on all my devices.

The lost connection is only for a sec or so but sometimes the lost connection made the music stops. Then I can press play again. Sometimes I have to make a “hard stop” for the App and start over.

Hi @Henrik_Haas,

Do the playback stoppages occur with all content (streaming and local)?

There are a couple of places that this behavior could be stemming from. It could be network related or something occurring on the Core machine. Moving forward, there are a couple of tests we can do to help narrow things down.

1. Try connecting the Innuos Statement directly to the primary router, bypassing any switches. In this configuration do you experience the playback stops?
  2. Try using your Mac as the Core machine. When using the Mac as your Core do you experience the same playback stops?

Hi @dylan

The playback occur with all content (streaming and local).

Yesterday I tried to connect the Innuos Statement directly to the primary router and bypassing switches and Access Points. I Still have issues with lost connections and stoppage.

The Innuos ZenMini had the same issues.

When playing music without Roon (Ipeng) there is no Issues.

I also tried to move the Core from The Statement/ZenMini to the Mac - Still isues with stoppage and lost connections but not as often as the Iphone/Ipad.

When using the Remote App on my Iphone my experience is that the connection is lost every 30 sec or so. Sometimes I only see the information about the lost connection (music keep playing) and sometimes I have to leave the app/stop the app and start over again.

When the music has a stoppage I see 2 different issues. Sometimes the music stops and I can press play again but sometimes the Core i lost and I have to connect to the core again and then press play.

Hi @Henrik_Haas,

Thanks for running these tests. Just to confirm, the playback issues don’t exist on the Mac Core, only the remote connection issues?

As a test, I was hoping you could do the following:

• Enable hotspot on your iPhone
  • Connect your Mac running as Core and iPad to the iPhone’ hotspot
  • Verify if the same disconnects occur here

This test will help us determine if the same behavior occurs on a completely different networking setup.

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with remotes disconnecting from Innuos Core + playback stopping

Hi @dylan

Sorry for my reply

I have tried to connect as your request:

• Enable hotspot on your iPhone
  • Connect your Mac running as Core and iPad to the iPhone’ hotspot
  • Verify if the same disconnects occur here

No problems with Roon with that combination.
App on IPad is stable and the Music is playing without any hard stops.

I also made some tests with my Innuos Statement and ZenMini

I have changed all cables and the router.

The observations is made with No switch connected and the ZenMini and The Statement where connected directly to the router.

When using the Statement as a Core my app on the IPhone is losing connection every 30 second (the Music still plays and the connection is re-established). Now and then the Music stops and I have to Press play.

When using the Statement as a Player (ZenMini as Core) my app on the IPhone is working flawless. The only issue is that the Music stops now and then.

When using the Statement as a Core (ZenMini as Player) my app on the IPhone is losing connection every 30 second (the Music still plays and the connection is re-established). Now and then the Music stops and I have to Press play.

A post was split to a new topic: Playback stops mid-track

Hi @Henrik_Haas,

Thanks for performing this test. In this configuration, where the current network is completely removed, things seem to be working okay.

Just to verify here, in this configuration, were you still playing to the Devialet Zones? If you use this configuration and play to other, non-Devialet Zones do things still stop?

Hi @dylan

Last friday I bought a ASUS router and sat my old router in Bridge Mode.
Voila!! - All Issues are gone:-)
Thank you for your help / guidance

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.