Roon App not functioning

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi there,

I know you’ve read this before but it has to be done …

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Mac Mini M2
Starlink Ethernet
PS Audio Air Lens, Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 2, Anthem 1140
2000 tracks.

When I attempt to play tracks it keeps skipping to the next track until it stops and gives me an error message:

Too many failures. Stopping playback

@John_Lake,
I’ve just merged your post here to your existing topic, please do not create new topics for the same issue.

thanks for helping

1 Like

Mac Book pro 2013.

If you remove the Air Lens from the playback chain does the skipping stop?

I just purchased the air lens and problem existed long before then

Do you have all necessary information now?

Would a Nucleus help?
Although i am reticent to buy it because i already have great streamer

@John_Lake, how is your M2 mini connected to your home network served by Starlink? Is it with an Ethernet connection or with WiFi to Starlink’s router?

Ethernet sir

Do you have any other network devices in your network, such as an Ethernet switch? Also, is the M2 mini’s WiFi on or turned off?

I have a network switch but that was added after Roon stopped working
Wifi is on in my Mac

Turn off WiFi on the Mac, it is not needed if the mini is connected via Ethernet cable.

Depends what he wants to do. Some things like Airdrop need wifi enabled. However, the wifi doesn’t need to be actually connected to the wifi network (and probably shouldn’t, to be sure that it uses Ethernet)

1 Like

Ok i will do that
Would a Roon Nucleus help?

No need to jump to a Nucleus unless that is something you want to do. The M2 mini should be a great Roon Server, just need it to get stabilized on your network. What switch did you install in your network?

Pardon my ignorance
Switch?

It may look something like this, with more connecting ports: