Roon app on MacOS - album covers not displayed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.8 (build 783) on Intel i7-8559U NUC w 16GB RAM running windows 10 pro.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connection is via wifi.
Intel NUC → BT Home Hub 2 via Ethernet
BT Home Hub ->Netgear Orbi
Netgear Orbi-> Roon endpoints via wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various, currently iMac running Roon 1.8 (build 783) on macOS 11.2.3 via wifi

Description Of Issue

The desktop version of the Roon app is not displaying album covers. Sample screens attached. Works fine otherwise.

Have you tried “Rescan album” ?

I can give it a try but I don’t see why it would make a difference. The album art is displayed correctly on the iOS app and on the server itself. It’s just the macOS app that has a problem.

Try renaming the Roon library, and relaunching:

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  2. Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder
  4. Rename “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
1 Like

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was slightly surprised to find that there was indeed a 10GB Roon library on the mac as that machine has never been used as a roon server. However renaming the library (and indeed deleting and reinstalling the app) has made no difference.

@support do you have any suggestions?

Hi @Aidan_Gaule ,

Are you by any chance using Plex / Emby / Logitech G Hub suite on the Core? I have seen these programs cause similar behavior in the past.

Does the Mac have any firewalls or antivirus applications? Is there any change in behavior if you try to temporarily turn it off, do the covers then appear?

Please let us know if this helps, thanks!

@noris I don’t run any apps on the nuc apart from Roon and those that are undeletable components of w10. The only antivirus app I run is windows defender. I don’t run any antivirus software on the iMac, which is where I see the issue.

just updated to the latest roon version (790) and it has not made a difference

Hello @Aidan_Gaule ,

Thank you for trying the latest Roon version, can you please reproduce the issue and then use these instructions to access the Roon logs on the Mac and upload a set for review? Thanks!

Well - just as mysteriously as it started, the display issue resolved itself yesterday. If it happens again, I will send logs but everything is fine now.

@noris - it’s started again! I got an error message ‘an unexpected error occurred limiting selection to library’ and after that the album art disappeared. I will upload logs shortly.

@noris i’ve put the logs on my iCloud drive - please dm and I will send access link

Hello @Aidan_Gaule ,

I’ve followed up via PM! If you are still seeing this issue, please send a log set, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.