I’m experiencing the same
If I’m connected to my LAN/WiFi: Win10 x64 Roon app opens, I see last played, then it crashes.
If I’m not connected to my LAN/WiFi: Roon stays open and does not crash, but obv can’t access anything.
Other Roon endpoints run fine (core, iOS, linux bridges) and I can play music fine, but can’t use the win10 app to do so (which is frustrating for making use of loved tracks and browsing).
Core: v1.7 build 667 running on arch linux
Win10 app: v1.7 build 667
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TAKEN:
- restart win10
- uninstall/re-install win10 Roon app via RoonInstaller64.exe (v1.7 build 667)
FIXED: Ran Roon app in windows compatibility mode:
- right click on roon icon
- troubleshoot compatibility
- selected ‘Worked in previous versions of windows’
- ‘I don’t know’ for version
- It automatically selected windows vista
- Success: Roon app stays open
I’ve deduced that the 20H2 Windows 10 update ( December 8, 2020—KB4592438 (OS Builds 19041.685 and 19042.685) ) is likely the culprit as things started going haywire after this. Non sequitur: I also had to to a bunch of win10 boot recovery as the win10 update bungled my linux dual boot.