Roon app shutting down on my iphone

Same here. iPhone 12 Pro. Crashes very often between 15-60 seconds after launching. Doesn’t seem to matter what I’m doing in the app.

Same here. iPhone 12 pro…

Looks like we have a group problem with the compatibility of the app, hope you guys at roon look at this quickly, its very annoying.

Any other iphone 12 pro owners out there having this issue? I am hoping the more the tech people hear about it the faster they will fix it.

The iOS application crashes on my iPhone 12 pro too. It seems to be very often killed by Springboard.

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:  EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Reason: Namespace SPRINGBOARD, Code 0x8badf00d
Termination Description: SPRINGBOARD, <RBSTerminateContext| domain:10 code:0x8BADF00D explanation:scene-update watchdog transgression: application<com.roon.mobile>:42417 exhausted real (wall clock) time allowance of 10.00 seconds | ProcessVisibility: Background | ProcessState: Running | WatchdogEvent: scene-update | WatchdogVisibility: Background | WatchdogCPUStatistics: ( | "Elapsed total CPU time (seconds): 31.710 (user 11.710, system 20.000), 53% CPU", | "Elapsed application CPU time (seconds): 19.992, 33% CPU" | ) reportType:CrashLog maxTerminationResistance:Interactive>
Triggered by Thread:  0

Same problem here on iPhone 12 Pro

So what does that mean?

Hello @David_Newman, my apologies for the trouble here. I’d like to know more about your network setup as well as collect diagnostics from this device.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Could you also please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when you do so I can enable diagnostics? Thanks!

With my iPhone 8 I have the same problem but I found out it has to do with the amount of battery still available. If you go below 25% battery level the ROON app will stop after 13 seconds.

shut down at 9:05 am central time

Hello @David_Newman,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your iPhone is active (and Roon is open) a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Looks like it’s started doing it again :weary:

Hello @David_Newman, I have enabled diagnostics but it looks like the report isn’t coming in. Could you please try to open Roon on your iPhone and connect to your core so the report can upload?

Same here
Did you find a fix ?

I really did not do anything, it just started working

I’m still having this problem.
Roon app on my iPhone 12 pro crashes frequently. Is there anything that can be done to address this?

1 Like

Ok, so it stopped crashing for about a week and started again last night, I am wondering if the tech guys have figured this out yet, its very annoying, its not crashing on my ipad or my macbook.

I did the uninstall of the apps, rebooted the iPhone and installed again - helped just for 1 day, and continued to crash… any estimations for the fix? I am on the trial period, and the iPhone application quality really frustrating… BTW, on iPad works just fine!

Happening to me too on the iPhone 12 Pro Max

This has been happening to me on every phone device (android or ios) since purchasing the Nucleus. For me it is an immediate crash at the moment it connects to the roon server. On the desktop app it is stable unless I hit discover, which then causes an immediate crash. Thread here, still active and no solution… Roon app on iphone and Pixel crashes every time tries to reach Nucleus core