Roon-APP starts on the PC and is immediately closed again. Everything OK on the tablet

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core Synology 218+// PC: Windows 8.1, Graphic Intel HD 4000 - Version 10.18.10.5161 (update today!)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

PC LAN with Router FRITZ!Box 7560

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

libary 64300 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon-APP starts on the PC and is immediately closed again.
The error occurred suddenly two days ago.
On the other hand, the APP runs flawlessly on the tablet. I read about a problem with the graphic card and performed an update. Unfortunately without success.
Many Thanks.

I sometimes have such issues with missing or too early installations of the Microsoft OS.
You might try to roll back one of the last MS updates and wait of an improvement.

Hello and thank you for your quick reply. That could actually be my problem, because I carried out an update for MS Visiual C ++ 2008 (KB2538243) on December 28th, 21st. Unfortunately, I don’t know my way around that well and so far I didn’t find no helpfull instructions to roll back the last MS updates on Windows 8.1. If you could help me out here? Best regards from Berlin, Torsten

Try running the 32 bit version available on the roonlabs site.

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately it doesn’t help.

Oh, I does not know, if the C++ library does affect Roon, I think it is better to ask support about this special thing.

Grüße aus der Umgebung!

Hallo und vielen Dank. Grüße zurück in die Umgebung.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.