Roon App window on my PC is empty after minimizing the Roon window

Win 10 pro, version 1903; PC: Fujitsu with Intel Core i5-3470 CPU@3,20 Ghz; RAM= 8 GB

Network: AVM FritzBox 7430, Ethernet over PowerLan-Adapter by Devolo

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
I use the 32bit version of Roon. Yesterday I have tried to install the 64bit version. But everytime I opened the app, there was the usual window, but nothing happened, the program did not answer, so I had to shutdown the app. I have waited for 20-30 minutes, but it didn’t work. Therefore I went back to the 32bit version.

On the PC I use the latest version of the Roon-App for Windows. Since a few days there are two problems:

1. Starting the Roon App takes very long time, ca. 18-20 seconds. Earlier it took only a few seconds.

2. When I minimize the Roon App Window (to work with another programm etc.) and then go back to Roon, the Roon window is empty, that means there is only the Roon icon in the upper left corner, nothing else. Waiting up to 20 minutes doesn’t help. I have to shut down the Roon app and open it again.

On my Xiaomi Smartphone the Roon android app is working well, no problems. I have today updated the driver of the Intel graphics on my PC, but that did not help solving the problems.

Hi @Martin_Lemcke,

Welcome to the forum!
Can you please provide the following?

1. A screenshot of the issue
  2. Press the bottom left “Windows button” and search for “System Information”
  3. Provide a screenshot of your System Information -> System Summary information
  4. Provide a screenshot of your System Information -> Components -> Display information
  5. Logs from your affected device immediately after the issue occurs. Logs can be accessed by using these instructions and sent through Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com or alternate means.

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing this info and I can certainly clarify!

Thank You for your answer. I send you attached the screenshots (regarding to your mail in No. 1, 3 and 4. The log file will follow soon.

Best regards
Martin

1 Like

Hi @Martin_Lemcke,

Thanks for those screenshots!
Can you please still send the logs when you have a chance?
Thanks!

Hello @Martin_Lemcke,

Just wanted to follow up with you here, can you please send the logs when you can? Thanks!

sorry, I had to stay in an clinic for a few days, that stopped me down. In a few hours I will send the logs.

Shall I do thar via dropbox?

Regards
Martin

2 Likes

Hello @Martin_Lemcke,

I hope you are feeling better, sorry to hear that!

Yes, if you can send them via Dropbox that would be helpful, you can also send the link to me a s a private message if you wish to not post the logs publicly, you can click my name -> message on the forum to start the message thread, thanks!

Dear Noris,
now I am back and can send you the requested Roon logs

Kind regards from Martin Lemcke

1 Like

Thanks for sending those logs over @Martin_Lemcke, I have attached them to our investigation we have open with QA. This investigation is currently pending QA feedback, but if there is anything else we need, we will be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Hi Noris,

reading my mails, I have sent to you, I notice the following: I did not inform you about my Roon core installation. That’s something I forgot. Sorry!

The Roon core is installed on a music server: Innuos Zen mini MKII, with a 4 TB HDD. The Roon app is running on my Windows PC, a HP notebook (Windows 10) and an Android smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi).

The reported problem appears only on PC. On Smartphone and Notebook the app is running without problems.

Best regards
Martin

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info @Martin_Lemcke! In this case, we believe the issue impacts a subset of Windows PCs that use Intel 4000 graphics cards, which and that is the more important info to have.

Hello @Martin_Lemcke ,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 610, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

Hello and thank you for your mail.
Yes, the update helped! That’s really great. My problem seems to be solved. Since I have installed the update, Roon works without problems. Thanks!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

[Private data removed by mod]

1 Like

Hello @Martin_Lemcke,

Thanks for letting us know the update helped here, that’s fantastic news!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.