Roon App won't connect to Nucleus

TL;DR : Brand new Roon nucleus is visible on my lan and I can get to the web admin page. But, my android remote app won’t connect. All I want to do right now is qobuz via Roon to check it all out. Remote and Core are on the same network and I can get to the web admin page via the browser on my android device.

Longer version

I just plugged my brand new Roon Nucleus into my network.

The set up is as follows (for now):

Roon Nucleus —HDMI–> Anthem MRX 720

that’s it.

The roon is directly plugged into my home network and I can access the server by going to it’s IP address on my LAN.

Operating System
Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Running 22 minutes, 35 seconds.

Roon Labs Software
Version 1.0 (build 12) stable.
Running 22 minutes, 32 seconds.

Roon Server Software
Version 1.7 (build 710) stable
Running 22 minutes, 27 seconds.

Roon Database & Settings
100% of 114 GB available.

The Roon Remote app on my android shows the Remot Connection Waiting for Remote Core and then it hangs or the screen goes black. I can see the admin web page from my android device.

On the android screen that says it cannot connect, if you see a Help link click it and where it has the option to add the server IP enter 255.255.255.255

Hi @raoul-sam_daruwala,

It looks like you might be running into an issue our team is aware of which causes remotes to crash if there is no birthdate information on your profile. We are working on a permanent solution, but in the meantime you can go to your Profile on a macOS or Windows remote and add your birthdate here. After doing so you should be able to connect from your Android device.

I don’t have a mac or windows machine around. Kinda why I bought a Nucleus huh? What else can we do?

There’s no way to click anything on the screen. It just hangs! Dylan (see below) says it’s because Roon remote doesn’t know my birthday. (Nice to know they care about the details so much that it hangs the app! :sweat_smile:)

Ironically, it would take a mac/windows machine to fix this but the whole reason for buying a Nucleus is that I don’t have a mac/windows machine. ChromeOS and big data centers for me.

Yep, a chicken and egg situation… but honestly, @dylan has offered a work around for a known bug, you can either heed his advice or wait for a fix. Can you take your nucleus to a friends house, or your hifi dealer?

@dylan Is there another workaround here? Can your admins add the needed profile information into my account? When will the bugfix be released? Is there a beta apk that I can load onto my Android?

R-S

@mikeb Thanks for the reply. It’s not exactly the best time to go to someone’s house just to fix a bug for a music server. People are understandably squeamish right now.

I guess I have to choose between being patient, being screwed or sending it back and trying something else to get my streaming to be better than what I get now w/ Chromecast.

Fixed it. Took me a while to figure out that I could use the HDMI from the Nucleus when shopping for a streamer. It’s a capable streamer and more. I think the Roon crew should hype that a bit more. I was shopping for a streamer and a way to integrate my collection. Nucleus is a great simple option (once you have your dob in the app!)

Hey @raoul-sam_daruwala, thanks for the feedback and I’m glad things are working again! Please let us know if you have any further issues in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.