Roon App won't open [Resolved - removed corrupted tidal_account file]

The Roon App no longer completely opens. It just keeps trying, but never opens. This just started a couple of weeks ago. My core is a new iMac with the M1 chip. I have a Linksys Mesh router and gigabit LLAN through a cable company. I tried downloading the Roon App on my new MacBook Air with the M1 chip and it opened. I selected find the core and it couldn’t find the iMac. I tried deleting the Roon App on the iMac and then reinstalling it, but the same thing happens the I try to open it.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @Domenic_Pascucci, can you try this:

• Exit out of Roon/Roon Server
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location - Database\Registry\Core
  • Locate your tidal_account file and delete it
  • Try to start Roon again
1 Like

I tried this and it didn’t work.

My core is an 2021 iMac with the M1 chip
I have MAC OS build Big Sur 11.5.2
I have the latest Linksys Mesh Routers (2) with 1,000 MB cable internet service. My connection is with an ethernet cable, CAT 6 through a Linksys switch box into the iMac.My audio device is a Meridian Explorer 2 amplifier/DAC
Music is store in Apple Music App and I stream through Tidal and Qobuz through the Meridian and a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC Bridge.
Your first suggestion didn’t work.

Hi Dylan,

I completely deleted the Roon App. Then downloaded it and installed it. Then I followed your instructions again and IT WORKED! Thanks for your help. This has been driving me nuts for a week. I don’t know what caused this problem.

4 Likes

Hello @Domenic_Pascucci

Thank you for the update and confirmation that Dylan’s recommendations solved your issue. If you encounter any other problems along the way please feel free to request help here in the support forum. :+1: We’re always happy to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.