Roon app won't start on MacOSX Catalina after upgrade to 2.xx

Roon Core Machine

Innuos ZenMini running configured to run as Roon Core

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Upgraded Roon from 1.8 to the latest version as Roon app report incompatibility with Core which is running 2.xx. Updated Roon app is attempting to run on ApplePro running Catalina 10.15.7. Roon app appears in the system tray for a couple of seconds then disappears. Tried deleting all Roon folders from the library and reinstalling. No success, same problem. Last few lines of roon_log.txt are as follows:

11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [devicedb] builtin device db found at /Applications/Roon.app/Contents/Resources/devicedb-prod.zip
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [devicedb] loading device db at /Applications/Roon.app/Contents/Resources/devicedb-prod.zip
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [roondns] flushed 2 last-known-good entries
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [bits] updated bits, in 2786ms
11/16 05:01:41 Debug: [broker/filebrowser] getpartitioninfo 2 command: /usr/sbin/diskutil, args: info -plist ‘/dev/disk1’
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [broker/accounts] doing auth refresh in EnsureAuthReady, next=11/16/2022 12:01:41 PM
11/16 05:01:41 Warn: [auth] EnsureAuthReady failed: Result[Status=NotLoggedIn]
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [geoip] GET https://geoip.roonlabs.net/geoip/1/lookup
11/16 05:01:41 Info: [loadstatus] IsLocalLibraryLoading True => False
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [roondns] flushed 3 last-known-good entries
11/16 05:01:41 Trace: [roondns] flushed 4 last-known-good entries

Hi @CHRIS_UPTON ,

When you reinstalled the Roon folders on the Mac, did you also clear out the previous database? I have provided instructions on how to do this below:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location on the Mac (under ~Library)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Delete Roon app from Mac Applications
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Connect to previous Core and let us know if this helps

Yes, I followed these steps twice. The second time I rebooted after renaming folders and before reinstalling. Same results .

Hey @CHRIS_UPTON,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, could you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

With that, after reviewing your account, it doesn’t look like 2.0 was successfully installed, could you try the manual download link below and let me know if you’re able to update :

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.