Roon appears to skip tracks whilst using usb audio

win 10, ryzen 5700, ssd drive, wifi and ethernet, 16gb ram

I’ve got roon working on many devices but when i try playback via usb audio straight from my core machine via an audiolab dac tracks fail to play. all other audio device and other various software work correctly on this usb device it would appear to be a roon issue

to sum up chromecast audio devices work, raspberry pi devices work and Logitech squeeze players work correctly. but my host machine via usb audio do not.

all advice appreciated

Hello @Paul_Rosson,

Thanks for letting us know of the behavior you’re experiencing and please, accept our most sincere apology for the extreme delay in getting back to you :pleading_face:

I’m sorry about the trouble with this one particular device. I was wondering, if the problem still exists, does your Win 10 machine see this device outside of Roon when you connect it? I ask this because Roon will only see a device that your machine is seeing as well.

I’m hoping we’ll get the chance to help with this :pray:

Hi Rebecca

No I’m still struggling and believe it to be a setup issue. My system can utilise a USB dac or use the systems integral dac to output analog into my amp. Roon seems to struggle to play to the device and if it’s not there or doesn’t think its available it continually skips tracks. If I choose default audio device as the output it still does not work.
I don’t have this issue with Spotify for example.
Just to add
Roon sees my asio driver and let’s me select the device but fails to play, the same with my realtek wasapi driver.
Is there a asio audio driver available to roon? I’m currently using generic and it’s obviously hit and miss.

Hey @Paul_Rosson,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the additional details :pray:

I’ve looped in our technical team so they can follow up with more insight.

Please, bear with us a little longer :pray:

I’m sorry we missed this, @Paul_Rosson

Are you still seeing issues here?

If so, can you reproduce the issue and make a note of the time it occurs and the track you try to play and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!