Roon ARC a great start, but it needs

Looks like playlist “SYNC” is working now after the update yesterday. Tested and looking like all is fine now. Give it a try.

This is needed for sure! Im both an iOS & Android Roon user. It’s been done with Tidal & UAPP, so in time my friend. I see this coming out soon.

Hear hear! on the CarPlay request. I’ve now got my car trained to only dine on tasty tunes from my phone through the wired connection, and I can say with certainty that wired CarPlay sounds better in my car, and my wife’s car, than wireless CarPlay (Used Qobuz and Apple Music to test.) Being able to download a few nostalgia-albums into ARC to listen to while cruising in my car would be amazing.

ARC needs to be able to download albums and playlists in background.

When I tried to download a playlists that was several hundred GBs, the app hung on an Phone with 1TB of memory. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to recover.

Also, download and convert of DSF files (SACD) occasionally hang. Even if they finish, the translation to FLAC is usually garbled. So I need to delete and try again.

Aside from these issues, the ability to play hi-res music from my phone is a huge leap forward.

1. Android Auto support
  2. Ability to Shuffle All, Focus criteria, etc.

Pretty much all I need for now.

Hi Ben, I also have an S22 Ultra and using ARC. What kind of troubles are you seeing?

1 Like

I didnt mean for this to be a thread of complaints. I love ROON. Best media server by far and ive used them all.

The issues i am having is that on wireless it wont play but a song here or there, then says poor network quality and cuts off. On wireless it works for a few songs but then crashes. I stream QoBuz and tidal with no probelem on either so i know its not a connectivity issue.

I had heard that they wanted ARC put and would fix the android issues soon so im not worried.

Tidal page. Bookmark selection/play/shuffle.

I hope for:
-Play/Shuffle option from my library-Track
-Airplay and Chromecast options

2 Likes

It’s does actually have AirPlay on the iOS version, but I have noticed it’s twitchy and Stuart and pops a lot.
I would prefer it to actually using Roon to be honest! (Some may call me mad!)
But I too wish it had chromcast available on it! That would be an awesome!

Ok, I have android phone. No airplay there…

• shuffle all songs
  • Discover feature enabled
  • ability to restart core remotely
4 Likes

Convert and Download in AAC format, so that people can save on data and HD space and so that AirPods users can benefit from Roon, in general.

1 Like

Make downloads work properly, not crash the device when downloading more than one album dont allow corrupted downloads and actually playback the downloaded content properly if and when it succeeds in downloading.Currently it does none of these things. Streaming however seems to work just fine oddly.

3 Likes

Is there a way to download all albums by an artist? I can download each album individually but I don’t see an option to download everything by an artist.

Other than that, CarPlay, a tablet version, and the option to convert downloaded songs to lower bitrate would make this perfect in my eyes.

2 Likes

Currently no, the only way to batch download is via a playlist but this brings other issues in that the albums don’t show in the albums section only the individual tracks show in tracks, there is a workaround to get to the album which I posted elsewhere but it’s far from ideal.

1 Like

Yes. The support for offline working with downloaded files is in my view the bit that is far too basic right now and really needs to catch up with the streaming-from-home-core functionality. It really wouldn’t take much to fix. Apart from fixing that apparent bug with corrupted downloads (maybe I’ve been lucky because I haven’t experienced it myself hence my use of the word “apparent”), getting true offline use to the point where it becomes genuinely useful at least for my use case only involves addressing two feature requests both of which have been posted in the “Feedback / Feature Requests” section namely….

1 - Ability to compress files to be downloaded to the Roon ARC device. For me this is the highest priority because I want to be able to download my entire library and it simply won’t fit on my phone unless it is compressed to something like 320kbs AAC or lower.

2 - Either the provision of a download-all button or perhaps more flexibly the introduction of multi-select functionality similar to that already implemented in Roon Remote whereby one can long-click on an item (track, album, artist) to get the “1 item selected” message at the top of the screen and then either go on to select more items or use the top menu to do a “Select All” to select all albums (or whatever) and be allowed to apply an action such as download to all selected items. I posted a feature request for that later more flexible solution though for my use case a simple “Download Everything” button would work just as well.

I really hope we can get this functionality added in the near future because if/when it happens I will be able to stop having to maintain a separate folder structure with 320kbs AAC versions of all of my lossless files to sync to Apple Music on my iPhone. It would be much more convenient and elegant to do everything through Roon/Roon-ARC.

1 Like

I would like to see that, too

+1 to allowing the iOS app to run on Apple Silicon Macs
Also, dedicated iPad app, please!

1 Like

I am loving ARC at present, I am using away from home, at work on my HomePods!!! Brilliant!

CarPlay would be amazing, I hear it is on the roadmap!

I prefer to use more than the Roon remote app, wish I could I could use it at home as well to directly connect to my Arcam Solo (not using airplay) would be a good send!