Roon ARC and DSP [Implemented]

DSP on Roon ARC would be great! Is the feature in the roadmap? :slight_smile:

Please add DSP Support to Roon ARC as soon as possible. For me the only reason to use Roon ARC would be DSP for headphone correction. Otherwise I can just use the native streaming apps as I don’t have any local music files on my Roon Core.

3 Likes

+1, came here to find out whether DSP is enabled in ARC.

1 Like

Yes, it’s on the roadmap.

8 Likes

Voting for this as well. Much appreciated!

Audeze presets in Roon Arc would be sweet.

1 Like

Any idea of timescale please?

• DSP support: even if this is limited to useful equalisation for headphones or car

Yes, at lease Audeze Preset first

Throwing my weight behind this request. Having ARC pull DSP profiles from the core would be great for listeners with easy-to-drive headphones or listeners willing to lug pocket amps around.

1 Like

is there any update on the ability to use my DSP presets on ARC? Sort of necessary for my headphone setup while away from home

Probably most of us listen to ARC through headphones or earbuds. Most of them (if not all) benefit from proper equalization to emulate a Harman frequency response. This is best achieved with convolution filters from AutoEQ and obviously the results are better when the DSP is done by ROCK than when it’s done by our smarphone.

I guess most of us also listen through bluetooth and even when a lot of devices currently do support AptX, there are many that don’t -mainly car radios and Apple devices- leaving us with AAC as the only option. Again, every processing (format conversion, DSP and resampling) will be done best in the core, so it would be nice to have an option to convert the files to 48kHz 16 bit AAC there specifically for the purpose of BT listening.

Sorry if already requested and thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yeah I DSP my headphones when using Roon at home and would really like this in ARC where it would be possibly even more useful as I can only use headphones when out and about.

Hey @Stefan_Lonnqvist @ScreenMachine and assembled Roon ARC enthusiasts. As you know, we recently released CarPlay for Roon ARC and the team has been putting the finishing touches on Android Auto. Getting those across the finish line has dominated our focus as of late.

We typically have several things in various stages of development at any given time and can’t provide specific rollout timelines for new features. However… I can say that DSP for Roon ARC work is in the pipeline and some very exciting things are headed your way. I’m confident you’ll enjoy what you see! :wink:

9 Likes

My Audeze ISine is waiting!

My headphones are very excited…

1 Like

That’s great, very happy to read this! Missing dsp is currently the only thing that is keeping me from actively using ARC over Android Auto. (Well, that is : besides a very odd bug that prevents me from seeing many of my albums through android auto. I should take some time to investigate and descibe in more detail, because i haven’t read anything similar yet…).

Have to say I’m VERY happy regarding recent developments. Keep it up guys !

1 Like

+1 on the iSine users who are really looking forward to the DSP release. Thanks!