roon rock Nuc5i7RYH 16gb ram running roon 2.0 build 1223

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Router wndr 4500, ethernet, no vpn

Connected Audio Devices

Pi 4b Ropieee (USB) ARC Refdac and Samsung S20 phone

Number of Tracks in Library

14000 tracks

Description of Issue

With the update before the current roon arc stopped working.
Flirc remote (usb) coonected to Pi 4b also stopped working.
Before the update everything worked perfectly. So I waited to see if the problem would be solved with a new update. But the latest update didn’t fix anything. The problems persists.

Main system works fine though.

Diagnostics data for roon support:

“{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}”

For ARC: Did you create manual port forwarding rules on the router? The diagnostic shows that UPnP/NAT-PMP seems not enabled or not working.

If you have manual rules: check that the IP and port number are still correct
If you use UPnP instead: try disabling and reenabling UPnP on the router

Yes and everything worked fine before the update.

Yes what, you have a manual rule? Doesn’t seem to work anymore then. Did you check the IP and port number in Roon > Settings > ARC and that they still conform to what you have in the port forwarding rule

Yes, manual port forwarding on the router. IP is the same and port still the same in roonarc settings and router.
Also tried reset but didn’t help.
The only thing that changed is the roon update. Nothing else.

Hm, ok, out of ideas then, sorry

Any help from roon support?

Hi @DrClaus ,

Thanks for reaching out an apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. There were a few ARC-related connectivity issues that we addressed in our newest release.

Can you please try to update your Roon Core and Roon Remotes to the latest build and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? Thanks!

Hi Noris
Unfortunately the update didn’t help.
I got this:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ddd”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
}

Hi @noris
Any update?

Regards,

{
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
}

Hi @DrClaus ,

Apologies for the delayed response here, I missed your follow-up. This is most likey an issue with the manual port forwarding rule you put in place. It looks like your router doesn’t support UPnP and something went wrong with the manual port forwarding rule you had in place.

I would try to delete and re-add the port forwarding rule in your router, as well as make sure that the router is using the latest firmware version. For more information on this error, please see the following troubleshooting doc:

Hope this helps, but do let us know if manually re-adding the rule still does not resolve the issue.

Thanks for your reply @noris

Router firmware is the latest.

I have already tried different ports and went back to the same one, it didn’t help.

Remember, the first time I opened a port in the router it worked instantly with roon arc.
It was only after a roon update both things stopped working.

Will try a different nuc as core and see what happens.

Regards,

@noris Any solution?
A friend of mine also lost roonarc after a roon update. Worked fine before for him.

Regards,

Hi @DrClaus ,

Are you still seeing this error at the present time, or has there been any change in behavior? Have you ensured that your router is on the latest firmware version? You can also try to change the port in both the router and the Roon ARC configuration, perhaps another port will work instead.

Hi @noris

ARC is still not working unfortunately, I tried all of the above.
As I’ve said many times before, it worked fine before a roon update. Nothing else has changed.
You obviously changed the code.
A friend of mine also lost roon arc with an update.

I have now given up.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.