Roon arc can’t connect roon core

Roon Core Machine

roon server
16G
512g+2T ssd Add images

Add images

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?

china telecom

1. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

huawei p620e

rt-ax86u+rt-ax86u aimesh

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

2. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

no

Connected Audio Devices

usb dac holo may

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

arc is ready,but the arc app can’t access the roon core

Are you trying to access while still in China? maybe the Great FireWall is giving grief

Hi @guo_shixu,

On behalf of the team, please accept my apologies that it’s taken us this long to reach your request for support. We’ve prioritized this thread and will be responding more promptly moving forward.

With a multi-router setup such as the one you’ve shared in your initial screenshot, you’ll need to check the following:

1. UPnP is enabled on the router directly upstream from your Core; in this case, it’s the first RT-AX86U. I’m assuming it’s enabled, as the port test came back positive.
  2. The port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC (in your case, 55002) matches the port assignment in any manual configurations you’ve set in your router web GUI’s. If you have set manual rules for ports, make sure the same port matches in each router, including your modem/router.
  3. Have you double-checked any firewalls and security exceptions on your Core and each router?

It’s always very possible that China Telecom has some form of carrier-grade network address translation preventing your Core from connecting. However, as far as I know, some China Telecom users are still able to configure port forwarding under certain conditions for gaming and livestreaming. Do you know if you’ve been provided with a public-facing IPv4 address?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.