Roon ARC:Can’t connect to roon core

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

I’m running Roon core on a synology I tried to connect Roon arc to Roon core and followed the steps from troubleshooting without success.

The diagnostic info is

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 94.aaa.bbb.ccc:55004, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“94.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“94.aaa.bbb.ccc”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Do you run a firewall on the Synology NAS and is the configured (in Roon) port open (connections allowed) if so?

I tried boot with and without firewalle giving the same results.

Hi @Jorgen_Cuyckens1,

Could you please fill in the below questions? This will help me and other community members to help you.

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Who is your internet service provider?
Orange belgium

Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

Modem. Siligence modem of the isp
Bypassed to
Router linksys. wrt1900ac

Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
Only the Linksys

Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
VPN is switched off, no proxy and no enterprise security

What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
The synology is the Roon core

• wired to Linksys
  • Fixed internal ip address

Hi @Jorgen_Cuyckens1,

Thanks for answering the questions.

What i suggest is that you create a manual port forwarding in the Linksys router to your roon core.

See below webpage with an instruction on how to do it (screenshots are in German, hope that’s not a problem? The text is in English).

When you are at below screenshot:

As Name i suggest Roon ARC
In the fields External Port and Internal Port you enter the port number which is shown in the Roon App under Settings → Roon ARC
For protocol TCP should be enough, it doesn’t harm when you enter Both
In the field IP Address enter the ip address of your Roon Core, this can also be found in the same screen where the port number is shown.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Can’t connect to my Roon core inside of the house anymore either

@Abrahams_Bogere,

Sorry to hear it’s not working. Start a topic with your own problem. There are members enough to help you.

Maarten.

Hello Maarten
I want to let you know that it’s working again. Thanks for your help. Ps. I did the same but did it on my nas. Newbie error :weary:

Hi @Jorgen_Cuyckens1,

That’s good news!!! Enjoy the music. It doesn’t matter that’s a “newbie” error :wink: Problem solved!!!

Kind regards,

Maarten.

A post was split to a new topic: Help Setting up Roon arc with Nokia Router

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.