Roon Core Machine

Roon Core on synology 920+ NAS

Network device details and settings

Synology MR2200AC Mesh

Connected audio devices

ASUS Zenfone 7 PRO

Number of tracks in the library

Problem description

Thanks a lot for the Roon ARC. The ability to listen outside the home network is great.

Problem when launching the app on Android 12. After the first installation, everything was fine. However, after a short time of listening, the app crashed and won’t load properly when restarted. Reinstalling does not help.

Erorr:
Asus ZenFone 7
Android 12 (build 31.0210.0210.292)
I attach a screen from the app crash

I have a very similar issue. Arc works well for me using my Android 12 phone but only for 6 or 7 tracks. At this point the app stops being responsive and shows a spining circle. At the same time my Roon core freezes.
I have to reboot my core and reinstall the Arc app on my phone to get everything working again. Then after 6 or 7 tracks it happens again.
This problem occurs when i am using Arc on my phone over my home wi-fi and on my mobile 4g network.

Unfortunately for me, the application was launched only once and after the crash the application does not start anymore. But the first use was over a 5G network and it still showed a bad connection error (connection speed about 10mb/s)

I have android 12.1. Arc becomes unresponsive after a few minutes. Cannot navigate. I have to reboot the phone.

Hello,

is there any solution for Android 12? It is depressing that ROON ARC does not work on the new Android. Thank you.

Hi @Jan_Hajduch. Everyone,

A ticket has been opened within Roon to try and duplicate the issue. Thank you for reporting it. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Wes

HI @Jan_Hajduch,

I was able to review your case with our research and development group. We did see connectivity issues around the time you reported your issue but we are seeing success in playing tracks now.

Does the issue still exist? If so, will you please provide me with a date/time/track played? You can also provide us with Android logging in order to give us as much information as possible. Instructions are below.

Wes

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Hello,

Roon ARC has been working for a few days now. I don’t understand it myself, on repeated attempts it started without any update. Currently from my side the problem is solved, but the question is how many users with Android 12 have (had) the same problem.

Thank you
John

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.