Roon ARC can't access Roon Core (Sky Cable)

Roon Core Machine

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz w/ 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: TPLINK Archer AX50
Modem: Unknown Generic device

Description of Issue

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“13x.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:“xxx.xxx.x.xx”},
“status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

I’ve tried the steps in the troubleshooting but nothing works. Need help on this problem. thanks

Vlad

What country and ISP?

ISP: Sky Cable

Hi @Vladimir_See,

Please accept my apologies for the prolonged wait time you’ve had to endure for a response.

Note that I’ve obscured the IP addresses in your initial post for security reasons.

The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest there is a redundant layer of network address translation preventing port forwarding.

This can either be at the local-network level (commonly as a result of two routers), or at the level of your service provider (in the form of carrier-grade NAT).

If your setup involves an ISP-provided gateway (modem/router combination) and your own third-party router:

• In the web administration interface of the ISP-provided gateway (modem/router combination), enable Bridge Mode or equivalent, where the ISP-provided gateway does not have DHCP routing enabled.

• Alternatively, if you have already created a manual port forwarding rule in your 3rd party router, you can add an additional rule to forward the port through the ISP/second router.

If your modem is already in Bridge mode, please take a look through our list of known router and internet service provider solutions, as other users may have already encountered the same situation: ISPs and Routers: List of Known Solutions and Workarounds

Lastly, you can reach out directly to your service provider (Sky Cable) to ask if they support port forwarding; this question will often enough to prompt them to explain whether or not the carrier-grade NAT they’ve implemented can function with ARC.

More specifically, you can pass along the following questions to Sky Cable:

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.