Roon Core Machine

Roon Core

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi there.
I’m having the following problem using Roon ARC in Carplay
I’ve downloaded some albums, 50+, to my Iphone to be able to play them via ARC in my car.
I can see the albums in the download section of the ARC software, but when I open an album, ARC doesn’t show me the tracks, it just keeps saying “loading”.
My core is not connected to the internet, so I tried to play the music by downloading it to my phone.

There are also no album covers displayed throughout the app.

My car, a Skoda Octavia with the MIB3 from VW.

What can I do?

regards

Hi @Charles_Dostert, did you set the Roon Arc app to “Offline Mode” in the settings? (note: I am just a fellow Roonie, no support guy)

Hi
No, I haven’t, but I can try.
In my opinion it should not be necessary if I have selected the downloaded files.
I will let you know.

1 Like

It worked when I switched to OFFLINE mode.
But not all albums are reconised and can be played, I restarted the car twice and always different albums were available to play.
You could see which cover art was displayed, you could play those albums. Also the cover art is not displayed correctly when you change albums.

1 Like

OK, so a small step forward, but no complete solution. My guess: not all downloads are completed, I also had the problem with missing covers, if that was the case. Try opening all the albums in the download folder once in online mode at home on the wireless network; the sync may then be completed.

If that doesn’t help:
Perhaps then @support can help?

With the new ARC update it is even worse, it became unusable for me.
Nothing loading, even that I switched back online at home, but back in the car, it is worse than before.
I find the idea great but when it’s not beata anymore it should work, an not getting worse when you update the software.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.