Roon ARC connection error: Did not find upnp service with WANIPConnection on network

Roon Core Machine

IBM Thinkpad T430, Intel Core i3 RAM GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys E9450

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi3 as RoonBridge.

Number of Tracks in Library

40,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

RoonARC can’t connect to Roon Core. Error message as per below

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.79.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

You have to enable uPnp in your router. See your router’s manual for more info.
That is the first step in enabling access. See this Roon help article

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.79.1”,“**found_upnp”:true,“**error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}

I have enabled the UPnP service on my router. I have configured the PortTriggering on my router port 50000 - 65000. From the error message it said “found_upnp”:true. But I don’t understand the followed message “Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network.”

On my router the UPnP configuration screen, it said *“NOTE: UPnP is activated only when there is a live WAN service with NAT enabled.”
I also don’t understand this message.

I am not sure how your specific router works. Did you follow the steps in the article I mentioned above?

On some routers uPnp doesn’t seem to work according to some posters on the forum. You can look in this forum to see if there is a post for your modem:

Hi Neng,

Take a look at this page

You should read the section ** Port Range Forwarding**.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi @Neng_P,

I recognize that you’ve endured an extreme wait time for a response to your request for port forwarding assistance. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team. We’ve set your thread to high priority, so you can expect a more immediate response time until we’ve confirmed a resolution.

The 504 status code you’ve shared in your initial post, when combined with that particular UPnP error, most often indicates the port range mismatch @Maarten_Duits suggested above. You’ll need to enter your Linksys router web administration and go to Security → Apps and Gaming → Port Range Forwarding, and verify that the rule created includes the Core IP and the appropriate port range for ARC, usually 55000.

If that doesn’t help, please confirm the following details for the team:

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  2. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  3. If you do have a modem/router in this setup, is it configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.