Roon arc connection problem (Vodafone Spain, Tenda Mesh Network)

I’m having problems with the arc connection. I’m using a mesh net with 3 devices. Roon work perfectly.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 178.57.xxx.240:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.57.xxx.240”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Some idea on how to solve it.?
Thanks

Hi jon,

Fellow User Here. Can you provide additional information for support so that they might assist you better, by filling in the form below. Thanks!

===================================================================

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

1 Like
  1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Vodafone Spain
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? Sercom model name FG824CD
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Tenda nova ( mesh net)
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No (I think so)
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
    NUC Intel core i5 7260 8gb ram

Roon core connection by Ethernet to Tenda engine

Hi @jon_fernandez,

I understand you’ve endured an extreme wait time for a response to your inquiry, so on behalf of the team, please accept my apologies and my thanks for your patience.

The 502 status code indicated in the diagnostics you’ve shared suggests that either a second layer of network address translation or a network security setting is interfering with your Core’s ability to reach ARC via your two routers.

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core (this will be in the web administration page of the Tenda unit).
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration.
  • Make sure that the port listed in the Roon ARC tab in “Settings” (usually this is port 55000 or similar) matches the port assigned for the port forwarding configuration in the Tenda and the Vodafone routers.
  • Double check for any network security that might be interfering, or any firewalls on your Core.
  • Check if your Vodafone modem is in Bridge mode or equivalent.

If the above steps aren’t helpful, then please let us know. You may need to confirm with Vodafone if they have implemented carrier-grade NAT in your region, and we’ll provide some questions you can pass along that will help clarify the situation.

I’ll be watching for your response. Thanks again @jon_fernandez.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.