Win10
intel i5
16 GB ram

Connected Audio Devices

xiaomi redmi 8 mobile
android 11

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

roon ARC connects: but it take quite a lot (60 s). browsing is slow, but it could depend on the network (that is a mixed fiber/copper line)
after the first experiments with roon arc (where i could listen to complete album on the mobile interner, no wifi), now ARC sistematically crashes after 1 or 2 track. when doing so, the mobile is blocked, sometimes restart, but in any case it seems that the mobile UI freezes and after some time it recovers, with ARC crashed or (rarely) stopped.

Using ARC basically blocks my Android mobile. ARC plays for some minutes, but all other mobile activities stop working (i cannot even restart it…). Finally the mobile crashes, and restarts.
It also happens that ARC crashes immediately.
@support?

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi,

Could you please fill out the rest of the template for us? Particularly the network information. In addition to this, what is the make/model of your mobile device?

Thanks,
Wes

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi @Wes
part of the infos are actually present in my first post.

Roon Core Machine

Win 10 64 bit, intel i5, 16GB of RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router provided by ISP, core connected via wifi 5G. Basic win firewall, kaspersky antivirus.
zerotier one is installed on the core machine

Connected Audio Devices

a couple of squeezeboxes, and a raspberry (dietpi)
bur the problem is with roon ARC.
mobile xiaomi redmi note 8, android 11

Description of Issue

Roon ARC connects: but it take quite a lot (60 s). browsing is slow, but it could depend on the network (that is a mixed fiber/copper line)
after the first experiments with roon arc (where i could listen to a complete album on the mobile internet, no wifi), now ARC sistematically crashes after 1 or 2 track. when doing so, the mobile is blocked, sometimes restarts, but in any case it seems that the mobile UI freezes and after some time it recovers, with ARC crashed or (rarely) stopped.

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

The crashing you speak of brings has me processing several thoughts and questions.

The application is closing out completely when this happens? If so, does reopening it bring you to what you were seeing before or the ARC home page?

Is this with tracks that are on Tidal, Qobuz, or from your library?

Can you provide a date/time/and track being played instance for us to look at? I would like to bring this up with our developers on my next call with them. I will use this information to pull diagnostics from your core and your ARC application logs.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi @Wes
there are 3 situations.

1. one, the app crashes immediateley when started, but this is rare
  2. the app starts playing, and crashes almost immediately. this just happend (12/10 23:38 italian time, playing a local library track, “asleep in the forest” by Aaron Parks. after restarting the app, the focus is not where it was (the albums list), but on the “now playing” bar at the bottom i see that track
  3. the more frequent scenario, though, is ARC starting playing, and playinf for some time (2 or 3 tracks), but blocking all other mobile funcionalities (i cannot switch off the monitor, restart the mobile, or switch to other apps). this happens sistematically. then, after this time, the app definitively crashes (this just happend, 23:43 italian time), sometimes the mobile recovers, others the mobile crashes too.

that’s all.

@support, any news?
ARC is unusable.

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi,

Thank you for the information. Our developers are looking into things.

Wes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.