Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 PC. Connected via Ethernet LAN

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX5700 Wi-Fi 6 Router

Connected Audio Devices

NAD C658

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am getting the following ARC error below. I have looked at the FAQ and verified my router supports UPNP and that it is active in the router setup menu, and I’ve also turned UPNP off and then back on again. I’ve also shutdown and restarted my entire network. Roon works fine, but ARC does not. I’ve also verified that the Windows 10 Firewall has been verified to let Roon through.

Any ideas?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“172.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @Chris_Rud,

Sorry to hear you can’t get ARC working.
I would suggest to turn off UPnP and create a manual port forwarding.

Take a look at this document:

This Youtube video may also help.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

I tried that once, but going to give it another shot. And the video should be a help on that. Will report back with results.

1 Like

So watched the video, and it was the same thing I had tried earlier. I setup port forwarding in my Router for my Roon core and the same error:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“172.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I’m attaching screen shots of my Roon ARC settings in Roon as well as a screen of the Port Forwarding I setup for reference. To me, it looks like Port Forwarding is setup correctly to match the IP address for my core and the Port it uses. /shrug

Hi @Chris_Rud,

Could it be that you have another modem/router in the chain before the NetGear? Can you please answer the following questions so the community can support you further:

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your ISP modem/router
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Cheers, Joost

I have the following:

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    AT&T Fiber

2. Please list the make and model of your ISP modem/router
    ATT provided Modem/Router. Model# BGW320-500. I’ve configured the ATT Modem/Router for IC Passthrough to utilize my Netgear Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX5700 Wi-Fi 6 Router

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    No other routers switches

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

Hi @Chris_Rud,

When i look at the manual port forwarding rule, i see 55000 at External Start Port and Internal Start Port. and 55003 in External End Port and Internal End Port. The port number in your ARC screenshot is 55002.

I’m no guru, but i created a rule in my router where all port numbers are set to the number in the ARC screenshot, in your case 55002.

I would suggest that you change all numbers to 55002 in your por forwarding rule and see if this helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

1 Like

The port forwarding diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router or not working correctly.

Please try the following steps in order:

• Reboot your Roon Core and networking gear (router, modem, switches, etc.)
  • Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Try to update your router firmware
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode and if not, try to place into Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks!

1 Like

This did work indeed. Specified 55002 and re-checked the port forwarding and boom. In business. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Chris_Rud ,

That’s good news!
Enjoy the music with Roon ARC.

Maarten

1 Like

Was loving it this morning, not only is it great to have Roon content and Roon curated commentary. But even more so I love that I can access my ripped content that hasn’t been available from Tidal when I’m out and about. This morning it was the Sex Pistols, The Great Rock N Roll Swindle. :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.