Roon ARC for Desktop / Laptop (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Vote +10!! Really would appreciate this for Mac and for PC

Me 2 - I’d love to be able to pick up my Roon listening on my office Mac.

+1, use case is listening from work. Would not necessarily require full lossless audio in that case so Roon ARC transcoding would be nice.

Dear Team, currently I don’t want to use Roon ARC, can I disable this service? Every time I click in this panel the search starts again and again. Thanks.

I am quite a new Roon user (just bought lifetime license, though). I am wondering instead, why the need of two different applications. Why not enable the usual Roon app to stream from outside the network?

6 Likes

Hello Roon, I would like a MacOS Roon ARC software so that I can access my home server from work (w/o having to VPN). I know I could use my phone, but my DAC is attached to my computer; and it sounds way better than bluetooth.

1 Like

Its already requested here:

Be sure to vote for it.

Yes, by adding this feature, you help us not being slaved of programed obsolescence. I am currently running Mac computers from 2010’s It means I am stuck with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). I have no need to change these machines and they are still working like a charm for my needs. However, since the latest version of roon, I can’t use Roon sofware on them. I understand roon can’t support older version of Mac and this is not what I am asking. I think, having Arc to run on sort of Web interface or a remote-like application for older computers would be great. Hopefully, the roon team will agree and develop this feature in a next to come version.
If you feel your situation is similar/close to mine, please use the Vote Button at the top of this page.
Thanks.

1 Like

PLEASE give us a macOS Roon ARC app, or integrate it into the existing Roon app. Listening at work usually involves 5-10 minutes (a day) of opening and closing NordVPN Meshnet, RoonBridge, Roon Server, and Roon.app before everything clicks.

my company has a very strict security policy. I can install roon on my laptop but cannot open the ports needed for RAAT. meaning that even though I am in the same room as my Roon core I cannot use it while working. ARC for windows would probably fix this.

1 Like

Another vote for Windows and Mac PC ARC clients.

Same here, so +1 for an ARC implementation in Roon Remote on Windows, Mac (and Linux).

Voted, I wish I could use the windows version now.
As this feature has become the most voted feature that’s not “not on roadmap”, may I know when can we expect an answer for whether this feature will be on roadmap or not? Thank you.

This would be a super helpful feature. Subscribed to the 90 days for $2, but will 100% keep subscribing if this is a thing; I travel a lot and prefer to use my laptop over my phone.

I keep a core install on my laptop for just that, traveling.

2 Likes

Absolute +1 from me.
Used one of my 6 votes in favour of this.
What a luxury to take my MacBook Pro avec portable DAC to work and Use ARC at the same time with big screen real estate and DAC magic…

1 Like

Yes. A desktop app for MacOS and Windows seems like an obvious and very useful choice.

Someone on here mentioned ZeroTier, and it works like a damn CHARM for listening remotely. So much better than NordVPN MeshNet setup I was using before. Really consistent. And free for personal use!

However… Roon should just add this functionality :slight_smile:

1 Like

I voted on this a while back but just wanted to add my voice to the group that primarily wants this for use at work. I have a good pair of closed back headphones going to a dac/amp connected to my laptop dock that I use for meetings, trainings and music.

To unplug the my setup, connect it to my phone for music only to then reverse the process every time I need to take a call or join a meeting is a hassle so I am still currently using plexamp at the office :frowning:

2 Likes

I agree. It doesn’t make sense that you can use it on an iPad Pro, but not on a Surface tablet. Also, what is the difference between a mobile device and a pc these days? Each mobile device is a fully capable mini computer, many times more powerful than pc’s from back in the day.

2 Likes