ROON ARC Freezes on Samsung S20FE After Playing One Song (ref#6OJ3AH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

Other

Samsung S20FE with each of the latest versions of ROON ARC. ARC will freeze after one song and when I try to open the ARC screen it is blank (black). I close the app and restart and pickup right where I left off and the playback is fine from there. Happens on mobile date and WIFI.

Hi @Scott_Scott,

Thank you for your post and we’re sorry for the delay in responding.

We’ve attempted to activate diagnostic mode for your account and noticed that, while your RoonServer machine is communicating with our servers, certain services are failing due to network reachability.

We’d be best equipped to assist here if you describe your network setup, including how your RoonServer machine is connecting to the internet and any hardware involved.

Do you have any symptoms within Roon Remote, like dropouts, slow loading, or disconnections?

Roon Server is ROCK running on an INtel NUC8i7BEH. It is connected with a CAT7 cable directly to my Comcast Xfinity gateway. My gateway has 800mbps connection to Internet. I do not experience delays. I run ROON remote on my phone a Samsung S20FE, my iPad and my Windows 10 desktop computer when I am at home. All seems to work fine. The one thing I have a problem with is my phone running ARC. Happens when my phone is on WIFI or mobile data. Symptom is during or maybe right after the first song I play the music stops. I jump over to ARC and just see a black screen. I close the app and restart and it seems to work fine from there. Does not happen every time but maybe 8 out of 10 times I use ARC.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

ROON ARC freezes after playing first song

Describe your network setup

Roon Server is ROCK running on an INtel NUC8i7BEH. It is connected with a CAT7 cable directly to my Comcast Xfinity gateway. My gateway has 800mbps connection to Internet. I do not experience delays. I run ROON remote on my phone a Samsung S20FE, my iPad and my Windows 10 desktop computer when I am at home. All seems to work fine. The one thing I have a problem with is my phone running ARC. Happens when my phone is on WIFI or mobile data. Symptom is during or maybe right after the first song I play the music stops. I jump over to ARC and just see a black screen. I close the app and restart and it seems to work fine from there. Does not happen every time but maybe 8 out of 10 times I use ARC.

@connor Connor you looked at me account a while back and said the some services were failing from my NUC. Can we work on this to get a resolution please.

I’ve written in about this as have others, I can’t recall getting any official feedback.
One song in the queue would play and then playback would stop and the queue appear empty. Navigating away and back to the queue or closing and reopening ARC brought the queue back and allowed playback to continue.
It happened in several versions of ARC, making it uselessly unreliable for driving if using your phone as a playback device.