ROON ARC Fritz!box 6660 Cable - Vodaphone

Roon Core Machine

NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider? Vodaphone

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? Fritz!box 6660

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? No

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security? No

Connected Audio Devices

Naim ND5XS2 via WiFi

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

I have followed all of the threads for IpV4/IpV6, but nothing seems to work to get the port forwarding to work.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 95.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“95.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hi Richard,

If you only have 1 router in your system and getting “MultipleNatFound”, then that is an indicator that your ISP has you on CGNAT service. I would suggest calling them and asking if you can get a direct IP and not be on CGNAT service.

Hi @Richard_Rodell,

Depending on your geographic location, you may have to pursue workarounds to Vodafone’s carrier-grade NAT (as @Rugby mentioned) until Roon’s internal efforts to implement IPv6 compatibility for ARC bear fruit.

Many Vodafone user’s have successfully configured ARC, either through contacting Vodafone support, tweaking/replacing their Fritz!Box and settings, or setting up a VPN. I recommend you check this thread out: Vodafone Germany w/ ISP-Supplied Modem/Router (Fritz!Box or Touchstone): Ongoing Discussion

Thank you for your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.