Roon ARC iPhone connection problems

Roon Core Machine

I’m running Roon ROCK on Intel NUC11, and Roon app on Windows 11

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have one router from service provider in switch mode and one Ubiquiti router for my main network, NUC is connected via cable and my Windows PC also

Connected Audio Devices

As main streamer I use Linn Selekt DSM

Number of Tracks in Library

Music library is on QNAP NAS and I’m streaming from TIDAL

Description of Issue

Everything is working great except Roon ARC, as you can see in screenshot in Roon app Roon ARC should be working but I can not connect with my iPhone

Please can you help? Thank you

Hi @anon30457103,

In most cases, the blockage you’re encountering is the result of either the QNAP Firewall or a port reservation in one of the routers involved. I’d try the following:

1. If your QNAP is connected to a downstream router (the Ubiquiti) and behind that router’s security wall, then try disabling the QNAP Firewall and seeing if ARC can connect. If so, try adding Roon as an exception to the firewall and turning in back on, or consider disabling it.

If not:

1. Try augmenting the listening port assignment in Roon → ARC → Settings and in any manual port forwarding rules you’ve added to the router web administration page. It’s likely your ISP or another software program has reserved Roon’s default port.

If the above steps don’t work, then please let us know whether or not you have autoconfigured port forwarding or added any manual port forwarding rules. If you have added rules, please share them with the IP addresses obfuscated. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.