Roon ARC Not Ready Error - Nucleus+

Dear Sir,

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus+, Serial #54B203946A54104F, 4TB SSD
OS 1.0 (build 227), Server 2.0 (build 119)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
All devices are on the same network.
Netgear Cable Modem (Cox Gigablast up to 1Gb/s)
Apple Airport Time Capsule (latest FW)
Peakedge SE26 24 port GigE Switch
Netgear 16 port GigE Switch
Linksys 4 port GigE Switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Endpoints
Devialet D250 PRO v.13.1
Meridian: 218 (3u), MS600, Control 15 (2u)
AppleTV 4K (2u)
Airport Express (2u)
iMac 5K

Other Devices
Meridian Core on QNAP
Crestron Pro2 Controller
Crestron CNX-PAD8 (Audio Matrix Switch)
Crestron MT-MC2W Controller

Description Of Issue
@support,

Have trouble setting up ARC, error message:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“x.x.x.x”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.1.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Please advise.

Thanks,
David

Hi there @DN28,

At a glance, it appears your Xfinity modem/router combo is still routing (10.0.0.1). You will either need to set up forwarding within your Xfinity app on your mobile device or put the device into bridge mode so that you don’t have two devices routing (double NAT).

Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the quick reply; however, I don’t have Xfinity or Xfinity App. My ISP is COX, and the main router from the cable modem is Apple Time Machine. Could you please elaborate ?

Best Regards,
David

Have you set an IPv4 firewall entry in the time machine as per the many instructions on this website? Apple TM does not have UPNP so you have to do it yourself.

My apologies for the misunderstanding. Can you please provide me with the make/model of the actual Cox cable modem?

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes,

I have Netgear CM1000 cable modem going to Apple Time Machine router before going to other switches.

Thanks,
David

Hi Gareth_Irwin,

Thanks very much, I set up port forwarding manually on the Apple Time Machine, looks like it’s working now. I have Crestron home automation, Meridian and other stuff running on the network, hopefully there’s no conflicts.

Best Regards,
David

1 Like

I have a pair of meridian M33s, its almost magical how such small things can produce the sound they do!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.