Vodafone NZ ultra hub modem/router
ethernet connection
(Eero pro 6 mesh system for wifi)

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Vega G2 via ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

18166 - tidal and iTunes

Description of Issue

ARC cannot access my roon core - no diagnostics data?

Changed UpnP to on but no luck

Please describe your network in greater detail, i.e., how the network components are connected together, and which device your Roon core is connected using Ethernet.

It’s possible that you have double NAT in your network, so please try the following.

• Reboot your Roon Core and networking gear (router, modem, switches, etc.)
  • Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Try to update your router firmware
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode and if not, try to place into Bridge mode

Hi Martin, I’ll do my best but i’m not an expert!

Nokia Fibre box (G-140W-c) > ISP modem/router > TP link gigabit switch (TL-SG105) > M1 Mac mini.

DONE - Reboot your Roon Core and networking gear (router, modem, switches, etc.)
DONE - Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router
CANNOT DO - Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration

• Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
    TURNED OFF/ON - no change - Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
    DONE - Try to update your router firmware
    CANNOT DO - Check if your modem is in Bridge mode and if not, try to place into Bridge mode

I use an eero pro 6 mesh router in the home so WIFI on the ISPs modem/router is disabled.

From my experience, Roon always puts some (random) port number into the input field that does’t reflect the current active setting. Try and put the cursor in the input field and hit enter or click on “Reset”.

grafik

Double NAT is the result of having two routers, but it’s not clear if you have two or three devices:

• Nokia fibre box
  • ISP router (is this the Nokia?)
  • Eero Pro

Please confirm. In addition, in the Eero, go to the hamburger menu. Select “Network Settings”, go to “Advanced Settings”, then “DHCP & NAT”. Is this set to Automatic or Bridge?

hi Martin
The Nokia is the ONT for the fibre connection.
The ISP box is supplied by vodafone NZ - Modem/Router - wifi disabled.
The erro 6 pro is a router - set to automatic not bridge.

Having a look at a help site (GeekZone) it appears that the ISP supplied modem/router cannot operate as a modem only so it seems i have the “double NAT” issue and need to buy a new modem.

regards
Sean

OK

tried again and this time i got an error message - previously its been blank
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“121.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“121.aaa.bbb.ccc”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.4.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

The port forwarding diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router or not working correctly.

You described two (?) devices: Nokia and Eero. Please confirm how these are setup, i.e., is the Eero connected to the Nokia, all additional network cables only connected to the Eero? It’s important to understand how your core is connected.

Depending on your response, you may need to setup port forwarding in the Nokia, forwarding 55000 to the Eero, and then UPnP or port forwarding in the Eero to your core.

sorry for the confusion - the Nokia ONT is not connected to the eero. the Nokia fibre connection goes to the ISP modem router which then goes to a gigabit switch - the core (M1 mac mini) and eero are both connected to that gigabit switch.

i turned UpNP on again on the ISP modem/router as i have for a few days and when it did not work I moved on to other things.

then this morning…:slight_smile: Not sure what was different but i’ll take this as a win! thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.