Synology DS418
CPU - Intel Celeron J3355 dual-core 2GHz
Memory - 2GB
Roon Version 2.0 (Build 1193)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi UDM Pro
Switch : US-24-250W:2941
Number Of AP’s

My Issue with Out of home (when I am on Cellular Network)
Service Provider - Telus
Network - 5G
Device - Iphone 14 Promax on iOS 16.3

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone 14 Promax

Number of Tracks in Library

2500 Tracks

Description of Issue

When I am in the same network as Core I can use ARC and there are no issues. When I switch over to Mobile Network (Out of home) ARC is not responding

@Ganesh_Gunaratnam, are you seeing an error message under Settings → Roon ARC? If so, can you post it here? Also, was ARC working previously on your mobile network and it does not work now, or was it never working for you?

Roon ARC never worked on the mobile network.
The only message I am getting is ‘Poor Connection’

In the main Roon app (not in the ARC app), under Settings > Roon ARC, there is probably an error message and a Copy button next to it.

It looks like it is a port forwarding issue.

Looks like your router doesn’t have UPnP enabled (for automatically configuring port forwarding) and probably there is no manual rule either. You need one or the other

1 Like

Hi @Ganesh_Gunaratnam,

Please see @Suedkiez’s comment above, as a mobile connection to ARC will require either UPnP or a port forwarding rule in your router’s web GUI pointing to the IP and listening port from your screenshot.

Is your Core hardwired to the UDM, to a switch, or to an access point? It also appears you’re using a managed switch, so please also verify that your Core is not on a separate subnet from the main router.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response and go from there.

Hi after seeing the error I created a rule to do the port forwarding and tested it on the phone by turning off WiFi and it seems to work.
As for your other questions, yes the NAS is Hardwired to switch.
Thanks @connor and @Suedkiez for the Prompt replies

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.