Roon arc offline issues

I am noticing the files I’ve downloaded some come out corrupt yet on my core they are good (when I listen at home). I’ve been getting the “unexpected error” notification on my phone.

Also again I can’t use Roon Arc with my core on. I have a CG-NAT network so I’m unable to do so for now. So I stick to offline.

@Abrahams_Bogere, sorry to hear about your issues. Is this a general comment or you need support? If the latter, I recommend you create a post in the Support category.

Yes support. I think it’s a bug.

I have moved this to the Support category. Can you please fill out the following information so the Roon staff can better support you:

Describe The Issue
When you start a thread in the #support category, make sure to include:

• What’s not working
  • How often the issue occurs

This could be “every time I start the app”, or “every time I click a certain button”, etc.

If you’re having a crash or an issue that happens sporadically, it’s helpful if you can let us know an approximate time for when it last happened.

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

1 Like

Offline albums often when downloading can be buggy and skip.

My core is a 2014 Mac Mini i5 entry level. I have it wireless to my TP Link router. Running the Monterey OS.

You can never tell which file is damaged until after playback. Playing on my core the file is good.

Abe, when you mention the file is damaged, do you mean the file is corrupted and cannot play at all, or that it skips?

It skips or starts over but from the beginning (when the track itself isn’t finished). For example a 7 min track plays normal until like the 5:00 min mark , 5:01 starts the beginning of the track again but continues until the original length is finished. Yet the actual file on Roon plays well. So essentially I am not getting the ending and I never know what track until I play it again.

This is the only way I can use Roon arc. Since my internet won’t permit me to keep my core on.

Hi @Abrahams_Bogere,

The team resolved several issues with corrupted downloads with the most recent release of ARC (1.0.4, release notes available here).

Have you continued to experience this problem after updating? If so, how long are the affected albums/playlists, and what file types in particular exhibit the corruption?

Regarding your CG-NAT blockage: I’d encourage you to nonetheless post any diagnostics you see in the Roon → Settings → ARC tab, as there’s a chance there’s not in fact an innavigable issue here. Would you mind filling out the template our moderators provided? We’ll take a look at the case and determine if there’s a supported workaround.

Otherwise, I recommend checking out some unofficial workarounds involving basic consumer VPNs like NordVPN in our #tinkering and #roon sections. Rest assured the team is working on solutions for common implementations of carrier-grade NAT to democratize access to ARC to more of our users.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.