Roon ARC on a community network

Hello,

I know, the first day of ARC and I am already asking for help. My network is weird because it is free in my apartment. Each unit has a login that requires a user id and password and devices must be registered. I do not have access to the router via 192.168.0.1. I register devices by going to https://secure.guestinternet.com. It’s like living in a hotel and has been challenging adding devices. I am actually not sure if I can use Roon on this network. Anyway, here is the error that came up when I tried to use ARC. Please let me know if I will be able to use the ARC app outside my home network. Thank you, Eddie

{

“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 72.43.66.3:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“72.43.66.3”,“router_external_ip”:null},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}

}

Hey @Eddie_Trevino,

My apologies for the delay in follow up. For your specific situation, you’ll need to get in touch with the ISP or whoever is in charge of running/configuring your network and see if you’re able to get a static IP.

Here are a few articles to help :

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.