Roon Arc - player doesn't advance to next track If cellular set to balanced

Roon Core Machine

My Roon Core is an Intel NUC 11TNHi7, with 16 Gb of RAM, running ROCK version 1.0 build 254.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My router is an Amplifi Alien, and the NUC is connected through Ethernet (1 Gbps / 100 Mbps). No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

My Hi-fi is connected via Airplay / optical cable (Airport Express), through ethernet.
Both my PCs have Roon installed (both are endponts), connected through Wifi.
My Galaxy Note 8 (Samsung) has Roon Remote (2.0 1182) and Roon ARC (1.0 111) installed.

Number of Tracks in Library

My library has 25433 tracks.

Description of Issue

Good evening.

I have a strange issue with Roon ARC (Android).

When I’m on a cellular connection and Cellular is set to Balanced or Bandwidth Optimized, Roon ARC stops (spinning circle) at the end of every track until it eventually results in a “poor connection” error, and I must manually skip to play the next track.

This only happens with music from Tidal or Qobuz and only If Cellular is set to Balanced ou Bandwidth Optimized. If set to CD Quality or Original Format (as long it is High Quality), everything works as expected and ARC plays the next song automatically, so I don’t think it’s due to “poor connection”.

With music I own, ARC advances to the next track normally, whether Cellular is set to CD Quality, Balanced or Bandwidth Optimized, so I don’t this it’s Core related (NUC11i7 with 16gb RAM) or, again, “poor connection” issues.

This makes me think that it has something to do with “Lossy” formats reproduction from Tidal or Qobuz streams, on Cellular connection.

Roon states that ARC is “Ready. Roon ARC can securely access you Roon Core”.

What could it be.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Pedro_Matos,

Thank you for the post and rest assured we’re not ignoring you! The QA team is actively investigating diagnostics for your report. Stand by and we’ll respond as soon as we have an update.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.