Roon Arc plays well on IOS devices but fails on Fiio in the same network (ref#HU1P5V)

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· I can't log into ARC but I can log into Roon

Describe the issue

Roon Arc on my IOS devices plays well but fails on Fiio in the same network, looking endlessly for Roon Server. The problem cannot be reproduced by Fiio support who have tested it and did not find any problem. So, is it a problem with Roon Server and how could I find out? Could there be any other reasons for this problem?

Describe your network setup

My router is a Fritz!Box 6591, connecting MacMini M2 (where Roon Core resides) to the internet. Fiio as well as IOS devices are connected by WiFi, all in the same network. Firewall on MacMini is disabled, no VPN. Fiio has Android version 10 and latest system update (1.0.6). MacMini runs on Sonoma 14.5

What’s the ARC version on the FiiO, is it current?

current (version 1.0.54)

Hi @Butz,

There was a regression within ARC exposed by that particular build version (1.0.54) on many Fioo devices. We have a fix for this issue forthcoming in the next Roon release. Please keep an eye out in Software Release Notes.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to restoring music on the Fioo device soon!

2 Likes